It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

• freaked out about my heart

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-05-2009, 12:28 PM   #1
    kungfujoe
    (male)

kungfujoe HB User
    freaked out about my heart

I had what was an anxiety attack about four years ago and I have constant palpitations where I feel my heart beating so hard (not fast..my resting heart rate is like 60 to 70 beats per minute) Its always in the back of my mind that any minute my heart is going to explode or just quit because it just doesnt want to beat anymore. I have had lung function and heart scans done and they all came back normal...im sure some people can relate to this.
    I am 24 and can work out for HOURS so im guessing nothing is really wrong with it...just feels like im about to die at any moment...AAGAAGH! I just sit there watching tv and all of a sudden i can see my stomach move up and down from the forcefulness of my heart...i feel a little restless mentally and physically too.

I also freak out about strokes too...i mean im only 24 and in really good shape and the odds of me having a stroke or heart attack are almost slim to none right?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-05-2009, 05:17 PM   #2
    Lourage
    Inactive
    (male)

Lourage HB User
    Re: freaked out about my heart

60-70 beats per minute is not fast at all. Man, mine was at like 120 resting a few times when anxious. Got a bunch of tests done at the cardiologist and everything came back fine. My heart is the same way, sometimes it will beat so soft that i can't feel it. other times it will beat slow but HARD and i can feel it thumping. You just have to try and not think about it, or else you will develop OCD tendencies with it, and find your self checking after every little thing. I finally got my mind off mine when going on a beta blocker to keep it slow and help with my anxiety, but my resting heart rate hovered around 75-90 without the medication.

Think about how strong the heart is, try and find out what your max heart rate should be when doing cardio...

target heart rate = 220 - Age.

so for me mine is 220-28=192!!! so 192 beats per minute, so i would want to hit about 65-85% of that.

think about how strong our hearts are to be able to beat that fast... and thats during strenuous exercise. granted there might be problems if you are severely overweight to get that high, but if your in shape then no worries. also that would be too high for a resting heart rate 0 obviously) but you get the point i'm sure. Just try and relax.

Last edited by Lourage; 02-05-2009 at 05:25 PM.

Closed Thread