It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

• Did anyone take Effexor and switch to Pristiq?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-07-2009, 06:53 AM   #1
    konamom
    (female)

konamom HB User
    Did anyone take Effexor and switch to Pristiq?

I've been off of Effexor for 2 years, but now I'm very perimenopausal and the anxiety has returned with a vengenance. I know that Pristiq is almost identical to Effexor, and the first 3 days I took Effexor I was SO sick that I'm a bit leary about trying the Pristiq. If you've taken it, how were the initial side-effects? Thanks!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-03-2009, 01:07 AM   #2
    bearfan
    (male)

bearfan HB User
    Re: Did anyone take Effexor and switch to Pristiq?

From what I've heard, many people have made the switch (particularly people not suffering predominantly from anxiety disorders). Based on the science, Pristiq is about 2/3 of the therapeutic molecule of Effexor. The last 1/3 either has a smaller clinical effect or mor side effects.

Old 04-09-2009, 09:58 AM   #3
    Torbiting
    (female)

Torbiting HB User
    Re: Did anyone take Effexor and switch to Pristiq?

I just started Prestiq a month ago, so I don't know how it will turn out. My Dr. said this has the least amount of side effects. Getting off Effexor was horrible, I remember that! I guess this is supposed to be one of the most potent drugs & is sort of like a mix of Prozac & Wellbutrin. I need it to work, cause I am in the worst condition I have ever been in. From what I have heard about it, I think you have reason to be optomistic. My Dr. said the anxiety part of the drug takes a few months to take full effect & that it should help with the depression first. I have a very severe anxiety disorder with OCD, too.
    Best of Luck!

Closed Thread