It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

• Headaches

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-07-2009, 06:58 PM   #1
    XodreamzXo
    (female)

XodreamzXo HB User
    Headaches

Hey everyone,
    I'm 27 years old and I started having panic attacks about 4 months ago. My first attack woke me out of a dead sleep. I went to the ER and Dr. did tests all came back normal and a couple of visits to my Dr. after that and I was diagnosed with anxiety.
    Anyway...I've had 2 panic attacks since then but I'm almost ALWAYS worried or anxious about something.
    I recently started having daily headaches and Advil, Tylenol or anything OTC won't relieve them. It's not severe headache it's more of a dull ache at the base of my skull...on top of my head and my forehead. I did visit the Dr. he did the light in the eyes thing...and felt around and he thinks its tension headache...gave me a shot of topamax ( which didn't help ). And then a few days ago I started having a shooting like stabbing pain in my head that starts at the side of my head and sorta into my temple area that lasts only for a second and goes away.
    Have any of you experienced this? I'm thinking the worst like aneurysm or something crazy. I'm so scared of dying prematurely...I hate even telling any of my friends or family about this <BECAUSE> they think I'm crazy and worry too much over stupid things.
    Sorry didn't mean to make this post so long.

Last edited by ms_mod; 02-08-2009 at 07:52 AM. Reason: As per the posting rules, always use whole words in your posts. Ms_Mod

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-08-2009, 06:47 PM   #2
    JennaBK25
    (female)

JennaBK25 HB User
    Re: Headaches

I know exactly what you are going through I have these on a daily basis. I more or less have come to the point where I live with it because nothing seems to stop it. It feels like someone has put a wrench on the top and bottom of your head and is closing it as slow as possible to make you feel the pain in every little spot of your head. I take Excedrin Migraine for it but the normal does isn't enough take two if your stomach can handle it take it with milk and toast. See if it helps at least dull out the pain.
    Good luck
    Jenna

Last edited by ms_mod; 02-09-2009 at 08:00 AM. Reason: Removed unnecessary quote. Ms_Mod

Old 02-08-2009, 07:29 PM   #3
    sunshine123
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

sunshine123 HB Usersunshine123 HB Usersunshine123 HB Usersunshine123 HB User

Have you guys tried taking muscle relaxers? Flexeril helps me a lot. I used to have terrible headaches everyday and didn't know what was causing them. I was finally diagnosed with TMJ and muscle relaxers help so much. Hoped you find some relief.

Old 02-08-2009, 11:48 PM   #4
    XodreamzXo
    (female)

XodreamzXo HB User

Hi guys thanks so much!
    I actually have tried taking a muscle relaxer and it didn't help much, but I also thought about TMJ. My jaw does sometimes hurt and it sorta goes from the middle of my jaw to the sides of my head/temple area. I do feel myself clenching my teeth quite often. So that might be it too.
    I do have Excedrin, it's extra strength. I find it works a little bit but nothing I have taken seems to fully relieve my headaches. My Doctor told me not to take Excedrin...Not sure why? I had acid reflux for a little while, I think it was caused by me taking too many pain relievers.
    He also mentioned that it could be due to hormones. I am on birth control but I have taken the same brand for over 3 years now without any problems .But funny thing is the last 2 months I have started my cycle (sorry boys) a week earlier than it's supposed to and I'm always on time.
    I'm just not sure but it scares me.
    I'm trying to calm myself right now...My heart goes crazy once in awhile. Tonight I had what felt like palpitations but it was like THUMP and a quick tiny beat..until it got back to normal rhythm.
    I just feel like I'm falling apart at such a young age.

Old 02-10-2009, 03:28 AM   #5
    JoAnn15
    (female)

JoAnn15 HB User

This happend to me a week ago. I have to say it will go away. It was hormonal for me. I went to the doctor and he was going to place me on medication but i refused. What worked for me was admitting that my anxiety returned and accepting it. Then i worked my way through it. Relax you whole body deep breathing...Herbal tea at night to help with sleep...Im feeling back to normal..

Old 02-10-2009, 12:34 PM   #6
    XodreamzXo
    (female)

XodreamzXo HB User

Hi there,
    I'm also thinking it may be hormonal...Or I'm hoping anyway. I have a Doctors appointment today. I just wish they'd give me a CT scan just for peace of mind, But Doctor doesn't think it's anything bad. I did have an MRI 2 years ago which was fine, but I guess that's just one of those things with us who have anxiety...always thinking the very worst.
    My headache has been going on for a month..I did have relief for almost a week and then it came back again.
    If you don't mind me asking...Are you on birth control as well?
    I thought birth control was used to treat hormonal imbalances in some women?
    I'm not on any medication to treat my anxiety. I was given a prescription for Effexor and Ativan (She won't give me anymore Ativan because I guess it's addictive) to take until Effexor worked it's way into my system.I tried it for a few days and it made me feel kinda BLAH. and I had another attack while on it. I do know it takes some time to get into your system, but I don't like to take medication anyway and thought that I could do this on my own. Once my fear of something wrong with my heart diminished. I felt fine for the most part. Still having trouble sleeping. But then the headache thing started and now it's starting all over again.
    I have been trying deep breathing, yoga and it's helped a bit, I just have a hard time relaxing even while doing those exercises.

Old 02-11-2009, 07:21 PM   #7
    JoAnn15
    (female)

JoAnn15 HB User

Hi
    I had a CT done in 2002 and my doctor said there was no need and you know what hes right. There is nothing wrong with me other than anxiety. I was on zoloft 25mg but after 30 days I went off of them. I was prescribed ativant but I dont take it. With me its hormonal and when it happens I just tell myself that its my anxiety and so I let it in and relax. When I let the anxiety in and accept it, I can deal with it alot more. I dont take medication but I did alot of research on anxiety, read alot of books and knowing what it is means recovery. Good luck...Dreams...

Closed Thread