It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

• Buspar interaction soft drinks

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-11-2009, 10:35 AM   #1
    shopgirl37
    (female)

shopgirl37 HB User
    Buspar interaction soft drinks

hi I was recently prescribed buspar for anxiety. I was wondering are there any food interaction other than grapefruit juice. I was asking because I drink atleast one soft drink a day and was wondering if anybody had any interaction with soft drinks.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-12-2009, 03:07 AM   #2
    Jeff 55
    (male)

Jeff 55 HB User
    Re: Buspar interaction soft drinks

None that I know of. I've been taking Buspar since last July and sometimes drink a lot of different colas/sodas/pops etc with no ill effects other than the caffeinated ones occasionally make me jittery. I've been weening myself off the last couple weeks in favor of flavored water and non-caffeine sodas. But I still have to guzzle at least one can of Coke at work every nite. Love the stuff!

Old 02-13-2009, 08:24 AM   #3
    shopgirl37
    (female)

shopgirl37 HB User

Hi Thank you for your reply. I was wondering how long did it take for buspar to actually work. I been on it for a week. I have found some relief but not completely. I am also on low dose of 2.5 mg 3 times a day maybe that why. I was on 5mg 3times a day but was reduce to 2.5 because it had reverse affect on me and made me nervous at the higher dose. I also take Paxil 20mg too.

Let me know

Old 02-13-2009, 01:26 PM   #4
    lonelygurl2
    (female)

lonelygurl2 HB User

I don't think there is any problem with soda. I pretty much only drink diet pepsi and I am on 15mg three times a day.

Closed Thread