It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

• Prozac and increased appetite?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-11-2009, 03:04 PM   #1
    star4822
    (female)

star4822 HB User
    Prozac and increased appetite?

did anyone else experience extreme hunger and nausea when starting AD's? The past week, every single morning, I've waken up and I can barely function I am so hungry. It's not a regular hungry either..I'm shaky, feel like I'm going to throw up and the amount of food it takes to fill me up is ridiculous! I eat a lot to begin with and I can't imagine how my body could possibly eat so much food and still not be full. I'm embarassed to admit how much I've been eating just at breakfast alone for the past few days..but I will:

2 entire cucumbers
    1 bell pepper
    1 can of green beans
    2 cups of steamed broccoli
    1/4 cup of oatmeal
    1 scoop of protein powder
    1-2 TBSP of PB
    1 fish oil capsule

And get this-I'm just BARELY satisfied after eating ALL of that. It's so embarassing, you have no idea..I've already gained 2 pounds since starting the medication and I'm so afraid to continue if my appetite is going to keep being like this. I've been trying so hard to ease back on the exercise and treat my body with respect, but it's kind of hard to keep rational about this when my appetite is so out of control. I told my mom if this doesn't end in 1-2 weeks, I'm calling it quits. I've given it a chance(have been on it for a month now) and if this is how it's going to cause me to feel, I can't do it. I can't wake up every morning feeling like this and having to eat insane amounts of food to feel even remotely normal and able to function.
    My clothes are already getting tighter and I can tell I've gained weight..I'm afraid it won't stop..should I just give up on the meds now to let my body go back to normal? I'm so scared and frustrated....

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-13-2009, 06:35 PM   #2
    lonelygurl2
    (female)

lonelygurl2 HB User
    Re: Prozac and increased appetite?

Prozac has actually caused me to feel sick and have a decreased appetite. they have a different effect on everyone.

Closed Thread