It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

• Not sure what to do.....

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-23-2009, 04:35 PM   #1
    Aletam
    (female)

Aletam HB User
    Not sure what to do.....

I have been suffering from anxiety now for about a year. I was just diagnosed with it like two or three weeks and have been taking lexapro for a week now. My most recent thing to freak out about is the thought that i am going to have a brain aneurysm. I just cannot get this thought out of my mind. I always have to look up the symptoms...which i know i should not do but i cannot help it. I feel like i am out of control if i cannot look them up. I also have to keep looking at my eys to make sure my pupils are not dilated, which they are not. I just cannot get the thought out of my mind and it is consuming me. I have a 2 1/2 year old son and my biggest feear would be leving him with out a mother. I am only 19 years old and i know this may be irrational but i cannot help it. Last week when i was at the doctor he took blood tests to test my thyroid and to take a blood count. So would they have found if I had like a brain tumor or something from the blood count? i am just constantly scared and worried that something is wrong with me. Do you think i should call my doctor and reques an MRI or do you think I shold just ait it out? my dr. did tell me he thought everything was all in my head, which was fine with me because that is what i was hopig he would say. But the thought i keep getting is what if it isnt a tumor and what if it is an unruptured brain aneurysm i have. I will get feelings in my head and think that it is a sign that I will have a brain aneurysm. everytime i have a headache i am worried about the same thing. Does anyone else ever have this fear or is this not a common worry? I just do not know what to do. My doctor also told me he thought i had some OCD tendencies bu I am not sure about that. I do know that I fear change, i think that if something is going to happen it will happen when something is changed, so much so that I almost would not allow our son to stay over night at his grandmother's house. I will not let anyone drive me anywhere because I always want my car because that is another form of change. I just don't know. Sometimes i wonder if I am going crazy, other times I wonder if thre really is something medically wrong with me. It is just so hard! Any comments would be of help!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-23-2009, 06:47 PM   #2
    dreamingdenali
    (female)

dreamingdenali HB User
    Re: Not sure what to do.....

This is one of my fears as well -- stroking out or having an aneurysm. I even had an MRI done a long time ago (as a result of an "odd" previous MRI). Unfortunately I don't really know what to tell you. I tend to freak out about other things (stomach cancer/etc.) but most people with anxiety...esp those with panic disorder...freak about their health. I try to comfort myself by reminding myself that I really cannot control everything. If I'm not afraid of one thing, I'm afraid of another. Aneurysm, car crash, boyfriend dying, random shooting, it's all the same: and we can't control any of it.

Closed Thread