It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

• I need some advice/help on my anxiety levels

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-23-2009, 06:14 PM   #1
    KosherSalt
    (female)

KosherSalt HB User
    I need some advice/help on my anxiety levels

I posted on the women's health board a couple weeks ago about my possible pregnancy scare, but it turns out that I wasn't although I am still skeptical.

Now this skepticism, along with other causes of stress in my life, has manifested itself into an anxiety disorder of some sorts. I haven't been diagnosed with it yet, but I am planning to go see a doctor soon. I have many symptoms of the disorder such as a thumping heart, nausea, feeling of "doom" or being pregnant, unexplained rashes and I can't sleep at night which is affecting my mood, school and social life.

My boyfriend has mentioned that it seems I have a phobia of being pregnant, which I agree with because it has come to the point where I cannot interact with or look at women comfortably as before or go near maternity stores without getting a feeling of sudden doom and sadness and breaking down.

Throughout my childhood I have also had extreme cases of undiagnosed OCD which I think also contributes to my anxiety because I have tried to cure myself of it by breaking free of my rituals; however, now I live in a perpetual state of doom where I have even "felt" when something bad was going to happen or envisioned it in my dreams.

Lately, I cannot sleep at all anymore and I have this feeling of nausea as well as this feeling of being full even after a small meal and then feeling hungry or empty inside my stomach after a few hours.

I still think that I may be pregnant and now have a tendency to touch my stomach too much for it to be normal. I also keep thinking that my sides will burst open (fear of an ectopic pregnancy) and that it keeps moving (like a baby was kicking), but I don't know if it's all in my head or if it's real.

I just need some advice on what to do. It's starting to take over my life and I am afraid.

Last edited by KosherSalt; 02-23-2009 at 06:17 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-24-2009, 05:28 PM   #2
    Aletam
    (female)

Aletam HB User
    Re: I need some advice/help on my anxiety levels

You really should go see a doctor...he will do a blood test to see if you really are pregnant or not and those do not lie. If you had a period that is a good indicator that you are not pregnant as well. did you take a home pregnancy test or not? Other than the pregnancy thing you sound so much like me! i dont fear being pregnant i fear health things, like right now i fear having a brain aneurysm.....scary! I am just like you, whenever i feel anything that has to do with my head, face, or a neck i immediately think it is because i am going to have a brain aneurysm. I always havve to look in the mirror to look at my pupils because i read somewhere that dilated pupils is a sign of a brain aneurysm. I always sezrch things about brain aneurysms and I always think i am getting ready to have one rupture or something. I to have to do things in the same order and I too fear that omething bad is going to happen if I do not. I am not to the point where i have to wear the same thing every tuesday or anything like that but i do get panick attacks when things change. I was scared when my car went into the shop and i had to drive a rental, i had a panick attack when my son stayed that night at his grandmas. It really does take over your life, all i ever think about is having a brain aneurysm and all i talk about is that. i am always asking my boyfriend different things and telling him to compare us because i am scared of something happening. My doctor prescribed me lexapro last week nd although it has only been a week i have seen some change. so you should definitely go to the doctor, make sure everything is ok and then talk about your anxiety. ocd and anxiety go hand in hand i have been told so it liely that yu have both....i do!

Closed Thread