It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

• Taking Ansilan & confused about it and other drugs and Anxiety?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-25-2009, 03:33 PM   #1
    Joleh
    (male)

Joleh HB User
    Taking Ansilan & confused about it and other drugs and Anxiety?

Hi, I'm 17 years old and I'm suffering from anxiety. I have problems with my confidence, social problems and low concentration. My psychiatrist told me to take Ansilan (Medazepam/Benzodiazepine), but I'm confused about how to take it? How much? How long? I see around here, some say that were taking drugs for anxiety for one year?!?! Do they heal you, or they just make you feel good for about few hours and then your anxiety gets back? I'm going to psychiatric tomorrow but I can't wait till then. After started taking Ansilan I am feeling much much better, I can concentrate and study well and somehow the world became a better place. And also I had problems with my nails, after cutting them off I couldn't catch ANYTHING with my hands because of having the shivers and now I'm better. I can sleep well, I'm not lazy, I don't have headaches when I'm waking up, I can concentrate well as I said. I noticed that I had REALLY big problems with concentration, before taking Ansilan, I couldn't even read a simple article in a daily newspaper... I felt restlessness, and somehow everything around me was getting my attention off.

I'm really scared of this, can be healed for always? Because it really affects my life.

Thanks good people.

Last edited by Joleh; 02-25-2009 at 03:37 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-26-2009, 02:44 PM   #2
    Joleh
    (male)

Joleh HB User
    Re: Taking Ansilan & confused about it and other drugs and Anxiety?

Anyone? Please?

Old 02-27-2009, 05:51 PM   #3
    lil_miss_bad
    (female)

lil_miss_bad HB User

Usually when anxiety disorders are caused by chemical imbalances, one will need medication for a sustained amount of time. Anti anxiety medications such as the ones you described don't "heal" your anxiety. They squash it, but don't tend to change the chemistry of your brain and cure your anxiety like an anti biotic would cure a bacterial infection.

I think your best bet is to talk to your psychiatrist about this because I'm not sure about dosages of certain medications. I was on xanax and ativan for a time but I don't remember what the dose was. I'm on anti depressants now and they work great for my anxiety and I feel better taking them as opposed to ativan or xanax because they are less habit forming. Maybe ask if an anti depressant might be better for long term relief from your anxiety?

In any case, you should really talk to your psychiatrist, because from the sounds of it they didn't really give you enough knowledge when they prescribed the drugs.

Old 02-28-2009, 06:47 AM   #4
    Joleh
    (male)

Joleh HB User

Thanks for the information lil_miss_bad. I talked with my psychiatrist and he prescribed antidepressant Zoloft. He explained me about this anxiety disorders and stuff, and said to take them 4 months, if everything is okay for 2-3 weeks. I hope will get well soon and will get rid off this illness.

I just ask myself sometimes, what will I do when I will have to go to fax and to work one day. :-/

Last edited by Joleh; 02-28-2009 at 06:48 AM.

Closed Thread