It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

• Bad Anxiety Attacks, put on Celexa

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-01-2009, 02:40 AM   #1
    e5555
    (female)

e5555 HB User
    Lightbulb Bad Anxiety Attacks, put on Celexa

Iv been having lots of problems lately, everyone thinkings its very bad anxiety. For some reason out of know where, my heart will race like crazy, and i never know why, it is when im sitting down not doing anything. Then it leads to fear of something wrong of course, then tingling all over my body and loosing feeling and feeling like i could faint. happends at least once a day to many times a day for no reason, went to the doctor, got put on Celexa, well the generic form 20mg, will start taking tommorow, just wanted to know who has started out taking 20 mg and how did it make them feel, and with any side effects, im always worried about taking medicine, so any info will help! also, is it better to take in the morning or at night? thanks!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-01-2009, 10:35 AM   #2
    idreamofsilence
    (female)

idreamofsilence HB User
    Re: Bad Anxiety Attacks, put on Celexa

i was on lexapro prior to celexa. I am currently on celexa 10 mg. I have heard that starting out at a low dose will help relieve yourself of some of the side effects. Ive heard of people taking as low as 5 mg. I am on 10 mg. I was on 20mg for about 3 days but was EXTREMELY tired. this is a very common side effect of celexa. I wouldnt say go against your doctors orders, but see how the 20 does for you, if you feel too exhausted, take it at night, if the effects feel to harsh, see if the doc can cut the dose down. Hope it works out. I have panic attacks too. They are a real burden!

Old 03-02-2009, 12:05 AM   #3
    touchofgray
    (male)

touchofgray HB User

You are describing a full blown anxiety attack. Celexa...and also xanax should help. Xanax is a lifesaver. And stop worrying about taking medication. Just let it work for you as you regain control of your life. You are going to be ok. Take it from someone who has been through hell and back.

Old 03-02-2009, 11:38 AM   #4
    catheryn
    Veteran
    (female)

catheryn HB User

I take my ADs at night before I go to bed. That way i don't forget about taking them and if it does wear me out a little bit I'm sleeping it off. I'm on a different medication now but i was taking 40mgs of celexa and I was a zombie and couldn't keep my eyes open!

My former doctor got mad when I told her I was taking it at night, however, every other doctor I've had and the pharmacists I've talked to all said taking it at night was fine. I couldn't take it in the morning because I'd be tired all day! I was on a high dosage though, so you might not experience the same side effects.

Oh, just a trick I use when I'm starting a new medication. I start taking it on a weekend when I have a couple of days off so I can deal with any immediate side effects. So far I've been lucky, but I know some ADs can cause some stomach upset for a few days.

Last edited by catheryn; 03-02-2009 at 11:39 AM.

Closed Thread