It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

• SSRIs and Bloating

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-09-2009, 08:14 PM   #1
    idreamofsilence
    (female)

idreamofsilence HB User
    SSRIs and Bloating

Anyone else have this problem? I noticed that my belly is extremely bloated and I dont have to eat a lot for it to happen. It kind of weird. Anyone else have this issue? I had it on Lexapro and now I am noticing it on celexa.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-09-2009, 08:40 PM   #2
    Lourage
    Inactive
    (male)

Lourage HB User
    Re: SSRIs and Bloating

Not bloating, but i did gain a nice amount of weight while on paxil and Lexapro. None on effexor though, then again i was only on it for 3 months.

Maybe SSRi's aren't working out for you? Seems like i read a new topic from you everyday about another side effect from them. Did the lexapro help with the anxiety though, and do you think it's worth it? I myself think i am done with SSRI's for anxiety treatment. It's not worth the weight gain and all the other effects. Plus none have seemed to help me.

Old 03-10-2009, 05:10 AM   #3
    idreamofsilence
    (female)

idreamofsilence HB User

I dont know. I hope the celexa starts to work enough that I dont have these issues. I think it works well for the anxiety since I just upped my dose to 20 mg. On the 10 I was doing okay but then I think it started to wear off too early and my anxiety started to come back and I had these weird tightening sensations in my head and neck and face. I heard these were typical withdrawl symptoms and so I did not want to deal with them because they also made me feel anxious. I took more to see if it would help and yesterday I felt great except for the bloating part. I read thats a reaction to it too but that in 4-5 weeks if I stick with it that it should go down. It probably doesnt help that I am getting my monthly friend soon. I do know that I am eating a lot more because of this prednisone that I am on and that might be causing more undesirable effects. I feel that the anxiety (Panic attacks) and weight loss and constant worry I cant take care of on my own right now, I dont have the time or the strength too. I have a wedding coming up, were in the process of buying a new house, Im going to be going back to school and waiting on an approval letter, I live really far from my family and miss them every single day of my life and I do have alot of unresolved issues from my past that I keep thinking. Anyway... thats it! Thanks for the response. I just hope that the celexa starts to work and I feel normal normal without teeny random side effects.

Old 03-10-2009, 07:34 AM   #4
    cvoor
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

cvoor HB User

I have some bloating also. But I'm going to stick with it. It's helped the panic.

Old 03-12-2009, 03:32 PM   #5
    kittkat
    (female)

kittkat HB Userkittkat HB User

idreamofsilence, Hi from the other side of Philly!(North)
    I have bloating also, but I related it more to my latose problem, never thought it could be fron the meds (I'm on Zoloft). Did you say you were losing weight? that seems strange to loose weight & have a bloated belly, I wish I would be able to loose some weight, alot of people say they do on Zoloft, not me.

Old 03-14-2009, 09:15 PM   #6
    idreamofsilence
    (female)

idreamofsilence HB User

Well I lost weight in the passed, I have since gained it back! Probably from all the bloatiness. The bloating is weird, I think its from my acid reflux or IBS or whatever undiagnosed crap I have ( I was on nexium for it too) but I think the medication at first made it worse. I am ok today though which is good!

Old 03-15-2009, 08:15 AM   #7
    kittkat
    (female)

kittkat HB Userkittkat HB User

I am also on Nexium, maybe that is causing the bloat, I can't not take it because the acid reflux is too bad without it.

Closed Thread