It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

• Bata Blockers

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-10-2009, 07:58 PM   #1
    jean 45
    (female)

jean 45 HB User
    Bata Blockers

I was put on Bisoprolol-hctz 5-6.25mg 1 a day. I have been on it only 5 days and feel terrible. I have some discomfort
    in my chest and my back is aching. I want to go off of it
    and I'm affraid what will happen. Will my heart go back to its
    normal beat. I was put on it because when I go to the
    doctor my blood pressure goes out the roof. It seems to happen in any medical visit. My pressure is usually about
    114-77-76 to 106-65-68 but at times if I get really anxious
    about something my heart rate can go way up. I want to
    know if there is something safer to use with out all the side
    effects and warnings. I know I have to go off this slowly.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-11-2009, 07:13 AM   #2
    younggranny
    Veteran
    (female)

younggranny HB User
    Re: Bata Blockers

I have the same thing you do..my blood pressure is normal at home but at the doctor's office it is sky high...I have white coat syndrome, so every time i go to the doctor's i tell them about it..i have a blood pressure monitor that i use at home and keep track of my readings and i take that to the doctor's office with me...i am on no medication because my blood pressure is fine except for the doctors.

Old 03-11-2009, 02:38 PM   #3
    Lourage
    Inactive
    (male)

Lourage HB User
    Re: Bata Blockers

I'm on propranolol at 40 mg twice a day. While i'm relaxed it really keeps my BP low... but when i'm anxious my BP and HR still soar. makes you wonder why we are even taking them if it doesn't help keep things down during anxious times, heck thats why i'm taking it.

Last night before going toa friends house i was really nervous, i took my BP and it was 145/96!!! pulse was around 125. Made me even more anxious cause it made me think if it was that high before going out, i wonder how high it gets when i actually am out and hanging out with friends, and for how many hours it must stay elevated like that. When i'm relaxed at home though my bp is around 100/65, pulse of around 65-70.

Last edited by Lourage; 03-11-2009 at 02:39 PM.

Closed Thread