It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

• im convinced im dying

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-11-2009, 07:21 PM   #1
    WillowG
    (female)

WillowG HB User
    im convinced im dying

One day its lung cancer or a brain anurysum or a blood clot or a heart attack. Every little pain i have spirals into a full blown panic attack. I have anxiety over my health. Can anyone relate? If so anyone have any tips on how to stop this kind of thinking??

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-11-2009, 07:30 PM   #2
    Aletam
    (female)

Aletam HB User
    Re: im convinced im dying

oh my gosh can i relate!!!!! last year i thought i had colon cancer, when i first started birth control i was terrified of a blod clot, when i was pregnant with my son i was scared of hemmorhaging, and my thing now is a brain aneurysm....i can get any feeling in my head and i instantly think it is because i am going to have a brain aneurysm...luckily this time i have gone to the doctor and was put on lexapro due to the fact that the anxiety was causing me to have panic attacks daily....the best thing i have found is taking the meds....i also like to talk to people about it....friends, family, etc. however i know it is hard because most people cannot relate....just try not to obsess over it, because that is what you are doing, if you google symptoms, stop, and try to get some exercise. Also think about what may be causing your anxiety, if you can figure that out then work on that. like for instance i have a lot of thoughts about my dad that i do not want to think about, he was/is an alcoholic and he has major health problems now. i have never really talked about them before and if it was brought up i was VERY uncomfortable. needless to say i think i have been trying to supress so many feelings that it is finally catching up with me....and it is not pretty!!!! i hate health anxiety and it is the hardest thing to deal with. you feel like you are alone and nobody has any idea how you are feeling.....just try to talk things out....use the boards to help if thats what you need too....good luck and i hope this helped!

Old 03-11-2009, 08:35 PM   #3
    Lourage
    Inactive
    (male)

Lourage HB User

sweetie, you need a med for it. I myself am a suffering hypochondriac. I went to the hospital thinking i had a brain tumor, stroke, couldn't breathe, enlarged heart. NAME IT LOL i thought i had it.

After a few anti-depressants for anxiety i will tell you this, they wont help for certain anxiety disorders. BUT what they will help with is the OCD tendencies that anxiety brings on. I noticed i stopped worrying about things like my blood pressure, pulses in my head that i thought were there and were an aneurysm vanished. I wouldn't tell you this if i didn't think they helped. For anxiety though they may help you,didn't help me but for the OCD things they will DEFINITELY help you!

Prozac or zoloft work best in my opinion.

Last edited by ms_mod; 03-12-2009 at 08:41 AM. Reason: Note edit to your post. State your OPINION, but ONLY the Dr. along with the person involved can decide what action to take.

Old 03-12-2009, 04:41 AM   #4
    WillowG
    (female)

WillowG HB User

wow its good to hear i am not crazy and not alone! Thank you both so much!

Old 03-13-2009, 06:00 PM   #5
    JimB
    (male)

JimB HB User

Trust me, you're not alone. In a way, the internet is a curse. If you research a symptom, and it says it could be something nasty, there's a tendency to fixate on the worst. Usually the symptom isn't serious and goes away itself. We have to strike a median between being too worried about symptoms and ignoring them altogether.

Last edited by ms_mod; 03-14-2009 at 07:21 AM. Reason: Removed unnecessary quote. Ms_Mod

Old 03-21-2009, 09:20 PM   #6
    TEdds83
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

TEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB User

There are many of us who feel this way. I can relate too. Believe me. It's so hard not to Obsess of health issues and fears. I too am fearing all these health issues.

Closed Thread