It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

• Should I go back on paxil?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-14-2009, 09:32 PM   #1
    catheryn
    Veteran
    (female)

catheryn HB User
    Should I go back on paxil?

I feel like I've tried everything under the sun, AD-wise and the only thing that seems to have ever worked well was Paxil. I was on 60mgs when I stopped taking it, and I stopped taking it because I was tired all the time (I couldn't wake up in the morning and physically get out of bed and was drained all the time AND! I could sleep for 30+ hours no problem). I would also experience awful headaches if I missed a dose or two.

But, I'm just not having luck with other ADs and am considering going back on the paxil. I just don't get that "worry-free-happy-feeling" I got on paxil with any other AD I've been on. I know it's not prescribed as much as it once was and it has a pretty bad reputation, but I'm wondering if anyone out there has had an experience with it (good or bad) that they'd be willing to share? It would really help me in making my decision. I mean, I was worry free on paxil, but, are the physical symptoms really worth it? *sigh*

Any input would be greatly appreciated!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-15-2009, 09:23 AM   #2
    catheryn
    Veteran
    (female)

catheryn HB User
    Re: Should I go back on paxil?

Anyone????

Old 03-15-2009, 08:08 PM   #3
    alefever26
    (female)

alefever26 HB User

im still on paxil, or should i say again.. i have tried many others in between but i always go back to the paxil.. if it works, then why mess with it? i've decided that i'm not going to get off of it again.. i've been on and off of it for 7 yrs. i say if it has always worked, then go back on. i dont know why it has such a bad rep.. it is pretty much just like all the others, as far as withdrawl when you come off. id idnt have a problem there if i did it slowly...

Old 03-15-2009, 10:47 PM   #4
    catheryn
    Veteran
    (female)

catheryn HB User

Thanks so much for your reply, alefever26!

I actually didn't have an issue with withdrawal when i went off of it. I went down to 30mgs and then started taking it sporadically and then just stopped after that refill was gone. I had some wicked bad panic attacks though, which I think was partially related to the withdrawal and partially because of the stress I was under when I became unmedicated.

I think I will go back on paxil because I've been all sorts of crazy on the other ADs I've tried. Perhaps I'll see if I can get away with a lower dose this time (I was on 60mgs, so maybe 30 or 40?)

Again, thanks for your reply. I appreciate it!

Last edited by ms_mod; 03-16-2009 at 06:26 AM.

Old 03-17-2009, 04:39 AM   #5
    serenity107
    (female)

serenity107 HB User

I think if you are unsure, you need to consult your doctor and say what they think, I have never heard of this drug myself you would need to cheak if it is the best one for you.

If it is not the doctor may advise you a slightly better alternative. I hope this has helped

Closed Thread