It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

• propanol?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-17-2009, 06:35 PM   #1
    henda11
    (male)

henda11 HB User
    propanol?

i went to the doctors today and he felt i was suffering from anxiety from the sound my problems. Anyway he put me on propanol and i don't like the side effects that i have read can come with them.. whats your experience with them? and are you able to take pain killers while on them? as i am suffering from a stiff neck at the minute

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-17-2009, 06:39 PM   #2
    Lourage
    Inactive
    (male)

Lourage HB User
    Re: propanol?

I'm on 40 mg twice daily and be so for about 2 months. I love it for my racing heart and it keeps my BP low most of the times, which is good since my anxiety causes my BP to spike. But unfortunately, if i get anxious enough the propranolol doesn't seem to do anything. Also it's supposed to help with sweating that comes with anxiety, but i still sweat right though it.

Old 03-17-2009, 06:41 PM   #3
    henda11
    (male)

henda11 HB User

the doctor did also recommend anti depressants which i was on 2 years ago.. but he said i would find it hard to come off them, but last time i never found it hard at all...

you know when your anxiety comes on do you sometimes feel as though you cant breath? ever more so when you lie down flat on your back in bed?

Old 03-17-2009, 06:51 PM   #4
    AnnD
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

AnnD HB UserAnnD HB User

Are you sure you have the correct spelling of the drug you were prescribed?... because the one you have spelled out is controversial but available in your country. Perhaps you meant...Propranolol?

Old 03-17-2009, 06:54 PM   #5
    henda11
    (male)

henda11 HB User

yeah thats the one. is it ok to take pain killers while on them aswell? , as i have a really sore neck right now

Old 03-17-2009, 09:28 PM   #6
    Lourage
    Inactive
    (male)

Lourage HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by henda11 View Post
    you know when your anxiety comes on do you sometimes feel as though you cant breath? ever more so when you lie down flat on your back in bed?
    YES! more so lately then ever. ONLY when i'm laying in bed and in that state when i'm half asleep and awake. I also have sleep paralysis, so i can't sleep on my back or else that happens.

lately i have been thinking i can't breathe when laying in bed for some stupid reason. So now i think about it all the time, PLUS the fact i haven't had a full nights sleep without waking up every hour in like a year. I will just be laying there and feel like i'm not getting in enough air, and feel like something is clogging my airways and i can't get all the air i need, so i jump up, and like a fish out of water gasp for air, this in turn causes my heart to race cause it scares me to death. Then after that it takes me a while to get back to sleep.

I just picked up a over the counter sleep aid called simply sleep from Tylenol. I called my doctor earlier today to make sure it was ok if i took it, since i'm on Buspar and propranolol and she said it would be fine. LOL i'm still worried though i wont wake up. I'm tempted to try them now a few hours before i go to sleep just to see how i react, I'm kinda worried to even try them tonight, cause i worked out late and just took my meds like 30 minutes ago, i don't really want to take the sleeping pills so close to when i take the other meds, especially since the buspar has been making me feel spaced out.

Closed Thread