It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

• Anxiety or Intestinal Issue?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-25-2009, 01:38 PM   #16
    Lourage
    Inactive
    (male)

Lourage HB User
    Re: Anxiety or Intestinal Issue?

reading your first post again to refresh, you just had a EKG, CT Scan and Chest X-Rays and everything looked fine. So you had these symptoms then and everything was fine two months ago. So why are you getting the CT scan done again? At this point wouldn't it be best to see a doctor who specializes in this field? I'm sure they do more thorough tests when it comes to intestinal problems.

Last edited by Lourage; 03-25-2009 at 01:41 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-25-2009, 01:57 PM   #17
    Lourage
    Inactive
    (male)

Lourage HB User

Also, when i was having my stomach episodes i was a mess. I would get these excruciating pains in the pit of my stomach, not like a regular stomach ache, but a burning pain that made me want to crawl up in a ball. it ONLY happens after drinking beer, if i drink a soda afterwards! thats the only time, beers, then later on soda. Got tests done and nothing came back, although i guess it can still be an ulcer, but i'm sure one of my tests would have picked it up.

Sop then i got into my head what if it's pancreatic cancer, the i read up how it can be missed and difficult to even find, so that made me feel ten times worse. Finally ended up getting a sonogram of the chest and everything was fine, except they found a polyp in my gallbladder ( that wasn't what was causing the pain though, they found it by chance) Had to go back after a few months and they found out it's not growing so i have nothing to worry about.

I had the pain for years now and it comes and goes. I would have been dead by now though if it was something bad.

Last edited by Lourage; 03-25-2009 at 01:58 PM.

Old 03-26-2009, 07:58 AM   #18
    goingcrazy8
    (male)

goingcrazy8 HB User

Thanks for the words of encouragement. I should have specified that the first CT scan done was a chest CT. This was an abdominal and pelvic CT. I guess we will find out this afternoon. I just have so much trouble believing that these stomach issues are caused by anxiety. I'm sure these will come back fine as well.

My tests to date include

MRI Thoracic - Normal
    MRI Brain - Sinus Infection
    CT Chest- Normal
    Chest X-Ray - Normal
    CT Abdominal(Waiting on Results)
    Regular Blood work - Normal
    Blood panel for Thyroid(T4,T3 and all that junk) - Normal
    Blood Panel for Vitamins (Waiting on Results)
    Lyme Titer test (Waiting on results)
    Tilt Table - Scheduled for tomorrow

I'm sure there are more that I'm missing, but if these next 2 come back normal then I'm done. I'll take the Anxiety meds and I guess I'll learn to deal feeling like crap all the time. If the dizziness and stomach problems are just anxiety, then they will go away with the anxiety medicine. Thanks again for the feedback.... It's nice to hear others who feel as crazy as you do.

Old 03-26-2009, 06:09 PM   #19
    goingcrazy8
    (male)

goingcrazy8 HB User

ABDOMINAL CT Scan - Negative...... No Cancer, which leaves me diagnosed with crazy.

Old 03-27-2009, 02:07 PM   #20
    goingcrazy8
    (male)

goingcrazy8 HB User

Had the tilt test done today and my BP was all over the place. The drops in blood pressure they say is what is causing the lightheadedness and corresponding Panic Attacks, which continue to get worse. Good to finally have some sort of diagnosis, so it looks like BP medication and Anxiety pills until I can get the Anxiety under control. Thanks to everyone for their help and insight. I hope others dealing with this find a cause. Although it's expensive to have all of the tests, piece of mind is the only thing that I believe will help curb the anxiety. I have to say that the symptoms of anxiety these past two months have been the worst thing i've ever experienced. I used to be that person who thought people were crazy, but anxiety is real and I am definitely a believer.

Old 03-27-2009, 03:05 PM   #21
    vaybor
    (male)

vaybor HB User

I just finished reading your posts. Im just starting to recover from the same thing. Not the pressure problem but the anxity causing physical symptoms and making me feel sick. I feel sick all day but its a sickness I cant describe. I guess I just dont feel right. All the classic symptoms including brain fog and dizziness. I just started going back to the gym after many months of not going and I am a bodybuilder. I still get dizzy at the gym and have to leave sometimes but slowly its getting better and Ill tell you why. This all started from a health trigger but thats another story. Anyway, I am just starting to learn that Anxiety and my brain is the cause of these physical symptoms and by not fighting them and embracing them is the first step to getting back to normalI know this is hard, really hard but I am learning not to fight anymore and accept the feeling for what it is(just a feeling that my mind is making up) This is the first step. Also, Be careful on the xanax, you can easly become dependent on them

Last edited by msmod; 03-27-2009 at 06:51 PM. Reason: Removed banned word.

Old 03-30-2009, 09:12 AM   #22
    aqua774
    (male)

aqua774 HB User

Goingcrazy8,

I noticed you said you were taking 1mg of Xanax in the morning and so on. I tried that at first and yes it does work. BUT i found in order to control my anxiety thorough out the day you should take it like 2 to 3 times a day until its under control and then slowly taper off. I manged to get myself down to
    .25 3 times a day. One in the morning, lunch and late afternoon. I would give that a go and see how that works for you. You will probably see soon that this is helping and can lower your dosage even more.

Another trick I learned and heard this from my therapist is take a small pill box and always have it with you with some Xanax in it. She said she had a patient that had the pill box he carried and never had to take the pill for a period of over two years. It was just the compfort of having that magic pill there if he needed it. I started doing that and it works wonders just knowing you have that saftey net always there with you. You may not need it with trying that.

Last edited by msmod; 03-30-2009 at 09:38 AM. Reason: Removed unnecessary quote. Ms_Mod

Old 04-06-2009, 07:07 AM   #23
    goingcrazy8
    (male)

goingcrazy8 HB User

I just wanted to update everyone. I was on vacation all last week, hence no response in a such a long time. The Xanax although its helping really doesn't help the physical issues as much. It seems to keep me from having as many panic attacks, but the brain fog / lightheadedness / ireegular breathing still seem to be there. I had 2 panic attacks in Mexico, which I considered to be pretty good considering how scared I was about leaving the country. Last week I feel like I've accepted it and then now this morning I'm back at work and I find my self questioning everything again. This is driving me crazy.... In regards to teh Xanax, I missed a pill ofr 2 days and I fealt like hell, so I'm definitely going to step down the dosage and try and get on something else.

Old 04-06-2009, 03:34 PM   #24
    goingcrazy8
    (male)

goingcrazy8 HB User

Also Lyme test, Hepatitis, Vitamin tests all negative..... I've now been tested for everything that I can imagine. DOes anyone else with anxiety notice that shifting your eyes in one direction or another can cause the anxiety to get worse? Is that crazy? I've also noticed that my tolerance for hot and cold is almost none now.

Old 04-06-2009, 04:48 PM   #25
    tired47
    (female)

tired47 HB User

goingcrazy8,
    Not usually on this site.. have they checked you for H pylori infection? Please have your doctor check you .
    Read Amy King's story on H plyori .

Last edited by msmod; 04-07-2009 at 07:42 AM.

Old 04-07-2009, 02:34 PM   #26
    goingcrazy8
    (male)

goingcrazy8 HB User

No, but I'm due to go back in a week and I'll have that checked. The stomach issues have been ok the last 2 days, but the brain fog and lightheadedness are still there.

Old 04-25-2009, 10:28 AM   #27
    goingcrazy8
    (male)

goingcrazy8 HB User

It's been 3 months now and I'm still lightheaded. The stomach problems have disappeared, but the light headed feeling remains. I've also noticed that my vision seems to go blurry at times and my eyes will water when this happens. I've been taking the Xanax XR for about 2 months now and while I haven't had any panic attacks, I can't kick this light headed feeling. Are there people who have anxiety issues on Xanax that still feel lightheaded? This thing is driving me crazy. My lifestyle has changed a good deal over the past 3 months and I just want to get back to normal.....The only thing the doctors can tell me is it might be blood pressure, it might be TMJ.... Sick of hearing that it might be this or that.

Old 04-26-2009, 07:34 AM   #28
    vaybor
    (male)

vaybor HB User

Id bet you its the xanax. Not when you are on it but between doses. I think you re becoming dependent on the xanax and unless your body has the full dose in your brian you will feel light headed and dizzy. The way to check this is to see how you feel in between doses. Do you feel better right after you take the xanax or is it the same. For me I would notice I was light headed and dizzy inbetween doses. I stopped the xanax cold and went through hell for a week or two before returning to normal.

Old 10-23-2009, 01:53 PM   #29
    goingcrazy8
    (male)

goingcrazy8 HB User

I know its been awhile since I posted on this thread, but I wanted to update people experiencing these symptoms that are told its all anxiety.... don't accept it! I finally today after seeing a gastro was diagnosed with ulcers and h pylori. I'm just now getting treated and I don't know if it will fix everything, but for 9 months I was told it was all in my head.

Old 10-23-2009, 11:27 PM   #30
    gjoy
    (female)

gjoy HB Usergjoy HB User

Look into gluten intolerance. This can cause mineral deficiencies, like magnesium. Sounds a lot like me, now coming good with gluten free diet and supplements.

Closed Thread