It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

• Anxiety or Intestinal Issue?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-29-2009, 01:38 PM   #31
    goingcrazy8
    (male)

goingcrazy8 HB User
    Re: Anxiety or Intestinal Issue?

I wanted to update everyone again..... One of the things that bothered me about some of the posts here was that it appeared that people didn't post after they found their answer.
    I promised myself I would.

I'm on day 3 of Prevpac now and my body feels like it is in a war. This treatment is extremely strong. 3000 mg a day of antibiotics has sucked the energy out of me. Having said that though, I'm starting to feel a little bit better. It's very reassuring at this point. Its difficult to explain, but today had glimpses of what life was like before this whole health problem. I may be jumping the gun, but something was different today. I will keep everyone updated.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-29-2009, 11:01 PM   #32
    gjoy
    (female)

gjoy HB Usergjoy HB User

Hi Goingcrazy I don't like to disappoint you but I have been there and done that .It is not the fix. 24 years ago after my first son was born I was unwell. The first hint of unwell and it was the three day blues, then post partum depression. I know i had a pelvic infection and was treated with antibiotics. I felt alot better, but that did not last. Of course then it was anxiety. After exhausting medical help I gave up and told everyone I was feeling better, just to shut them up. I even had a 10 day hospital stay. I remember the psych screeching at me when some blood test came back see there is nothing wrong, it is all in your mind. Anyone I eventually went to a naturopath and was put on a cleansing diet, mainly fruit and veg. no grains and I was fixed. Of course not realizing the prob I went back to my old eating ways and now I am back in the same place. This time I would not accept anxiety. I found a doctor who believed me and has put me on a special diet with supplements. It is gluten intolerance. An exclusion diet should help. Please listen and get the right help. not sure why antibiotics help.

Last edited by gjoy; 10-29-2009 at 11:02 PM.

Old 10-30-2009, 07:00 AM   #33
    goingcrazy8
    (male)

goingcrazy8 HB User

I am having an endoscopy, so I will have them test me for Celiac. I appreciate the advice. I was just happy to have one day of not feeling like junk. Thanks again gjoy

Old 10-30-2009, 10:40 PM   #34
    gjoy
    (female)

gjoy HB Usergjoy HB User
    Smile Re: Anxiety or Intestinal Issue?

Hi me again. The endoscope may not have your answers. I had the intestinal scraping with a negative result. Hopefully you will have all the answers you need. Let me know please.Gjoy

Last edited by msmod; 10-31-2009 at 06:46 AM. Reason: Don't post "How To" search instructions. Ms_Mod

Old 10-31-2009, 07:42 AM   #35
    rlm2009
    (female)

rlm2009 HB User

All the things you mention, I have had on and off all my life. I suffer from anxiety and I cant thing of one thing that sets it off. My first attack was at the age of 15. Been on and off all kinds of medicines.
    YOu have the fear that something is really wrong with you. I thought I was dying several times. Had all the tests, everything came back alright.
    I had to learn over the years to calm myself down. THe feelings past after awhile.
    Anti depressants and nerve pills helped me get through it. But I always came off the meds when I felt better. Anti depressants can become additive so I hated taking them for long periods of time.
    Have have recent attacks but not on meds for now.
    I have to say that the only thing that has helped me is having faith in God and praying everyday for him to give me comfort. I know that no one in this world can help me through like God does. I will pray for you

Old 11-06-2009, 12:48 PM   #36
    goingcrazy8
    (male)

goingcrazy8 HB User

I figured I'd update everyone. I'm on day 9 of the meds and I'm still feeling slightly better. I have been fasting as well, which seems to make me feel better. I now believe that this whole nightmare that I have been living with is stomach related. It's amazing how stomach problems can cause palpitations and dizziness.

Old 11-06-2009, 09:21 PM   #37
    TOgirl
    (female)

TOgirl HB User

I feel for you... I am also struggling with the same symptoms you are plus more now for over 4 years.
    I don't think I've been tested for this h pilor thing... how did you find out about this infection? I've had a zillion other tests and they always find nothing.
    I hope you feel back to normal soon, I know how much this affects your life.

Old 11-06-2009, 09:23 PM   #38
    TOgirl
    (female)

TOgirl HB User

oops... I meant h pylori

Old 11-07-2009, 07:37 AM   #39
    goingcrazy8
    (male)

goingcrazy8 HB User

It's a blood test. H Pylori is a bacteria that is linked to ulcers. Probably like me, you have had a million tests ruling out neurological and more life threatening issues. An endoscopy will confirm the ulcers. I wish my doctor had done that first when I said stomach discomfort. I think when I told him it was accompanied by dizziness, he thought it was neurological, so I had the MRIs, CT scans first. My stomach is beginning to feel better. I still not sure that this is the sole issue, but it would appear that it is certainly a contributor. I'm not a doctor, but the following are signs that I overlooked which indicates an ulcer.

Upset stomach when waking up.
    Small meals make the pain better. Small being the key word.
    Alcohol intolerance. 2 drinks and you feel rocked with stomach discomfort in my case.

Good Luck.

Old 11-08-2009, 02:03 PM   #40
    silvercity09
    (female)

silvercity09 HB Usersilvercity09 HB User

What medication did you take to treat your hpylori? How many pills a day? I was diagnosed with hpylori and tried to take the pills for 2 days but they made me very sick...diarrhea etc...how are you handling it?

Old 11-08-2009, 02:13 PM   #41
    goingcrazy8
    (male)

goingcrazy8 HB User

I'm on Prevpac. It's 2000 mg of amoxicillan, 1000 mg clarithromycn and 30 mg of Prevacid a day for 14 days. I haven't really noticed side effects. I have 4 days left and then I get re-tested.

Old 11-09-2009, 09:38 AM   #42
    silvercity09
    (female)

silvercity09 HB Usersilvercity09 HB User

Did you ever have burning in the throat or burping? You are lucky not to have an upset stomach or the runs......keep us posted on how you feel. I have to do my treatment but I'm scared....

Old 11-09-2009, 12:55 PM   #43
    goingcrazy8
    (male)

goingcrazy8 HB User

3 days to go and I have felt gradually better each day. My Gastro told me that the ulcers will take longer to heal even after the medication is done. I'm optimistic right now, but don't want to get ahead of myself. I've found that drinking coconut juice has helped as well.

My throat doesn't burn, but I have always burped a lot. Do you have a ulcer?

Old 12-28-2009, 11:17 AM   #44
    goingcrazy8
    (male)

goingcrazy8 HB User

Well the medicine and ulcers have come and gone, but still no relief. I am now convinced it must be anxiety. My symptoms persist.

24/7 nausea
    24/7 Lightheaded feeling
    24/7 tension (stomach, neck)
    24/7 General ill feeling
    Fatigue
    Chest Pains - Come & Go
    Stomach Palpitations - Come & Go
    Groin pain - may be unrelated as I have never seen anyone else with anxiety complain about this.

I often find myself holding my breath, clenching my teeth and unintentionally tensing my muscles. All of this tension must be causing the physical symptomns. I also find myself worrying about everything I do.. every meeting, task, physical activity.

I am so sick of this!!!!! I just want to throw this computer through a wall.

Old 12-28-2009, 05:21 PM   #45
    gigi11
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

gigi11 HB Usergigi11 HB Usergigi11 HB User

I was fine until I had my gallbladder surgery - after the surgery my anxiety levels went through the roof. I was having a little nausea like once a month but it drove me crazy so I saw my doctor and when I went through all the test my anxiety got worse plus I had nausea 24/7, tension in muscles, feel like I am sick all the time. The test were so stressful that I kept thinking I had cancer or something. That was over the summer and I still have alot of anxiety. I just wish I could break the cycle. I have great comfort in acupuncture and meditation. I have to work on changing my negative thoughts with positive. I am not on any anxiety medicine. I wake in the morning and pace the floors. The muscle tension is bad. I worry too about everything. Every symptom in my body I am thinking "oh no is this a heart attack"

Last edited by msmod; 12-28-2009 at 07:25 PM. Reason: Removed unnecessary quote. Ms_Mod

Closed Thread