It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

• Anxiety or Intestinal Issue?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-15-2010, 01:24 PM   #91
    gigi11
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

gigi11 HB Usergigi11 HB Usergigi11 HB User
    Re: Anxiety or Intestinal Issue?

This is so true about having a symptom and it is enhanced with the anxiety. Today, I had a horrible headache and my stomach hurts. For me, I am thinking the worse like do I have diabetes, or liver problems. My mind travels to thoughts that are the worst. I don't know how to feel good anymore because I don't know what that feels like anymore. My body aches everyday.

Last edited by msmod; 03-15-2010 at 03:44 PM. Reason: Removed unnecessary quote. Ms_Mod

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-16-2010, 12:06 AM   #92
    gjoy
    (female)

gjoy HB Usergjoy HB User

You know the anxiety medication works on the symptoms, whether they are caused by a physical or emotional problem. Even when you drop a brick on your toe your heart races. Instead of thinking about anxiety, think about a reaction and try to work out what causes it, then you can get a bit of control back. You know I can't do light, sound or smell. But now I know that I can get by mostly and have not had any extreme reactions for a long time.

Keeping a diary is a good idea. I was told that things written down are evidence, where as what you say is hearsay. I really need to take my own advice.

In public there are so many variables. It could be lots of things that are making you worse.

Good luck to you all.

Remember think positive. It has real power, and do what ever you can to help youself, whether it is giving up your diet drinks or eating a very healthy diet. In the end I think we can only rely on ourselves, and appreciate any support we can get.

Gjoy

Last edited by gjoy; 03-16-2010 at 12:09 AM.

Old 03-16-2010, 05:57 AM   #93
    lala52
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

lala52 HB Userlala52 HB Userlala52 HB Userlala52 HB User

Hi Goingcrazy"
    I thought i was reading my own words when I read yours. My cardio appt. was good. He does not feel I am having a heart problem but to give me peace of mind I am getting the nuclear stress test. This test shows for blockages. If I were you I would get the test. I have had this test before and everything was fine. It gave me peace of mind for about a year and then I start thinking when I get pains again that maybe things have changed since the last test. My mother died of heart problems and it runs in my family so I told my cardio dr that I want this test every year. My appointment is next week. I think wednesday. I eat pretty healthy and I go to the gym and do three miles on the tread mill about 4 times a week. I used to go to classes at the gym but I started with neck problems and numbess in my head and I stopped doing the classes because some of the exercises put strain on the neck. Of course, I thought I maybe had neck cancer of a tumor somewhere. I had an mri of the neck and of the head. Nothing wrong other then a herniated disk in the neck. The list goes on. I know that worrying about it does not help. What happens is that we become very self-absorbed in our health. I don't know why. I was never like that before. What is this all about? Go make that appt. for the nuclear stress test. You will feel better to know. Take care and I will talk to you soon. LaLa

Old 03-17-2010, 01:29 AM   #94
    gjoy
    (female)

gjoy HB Usergjoy HB User

Hi Going Crazy and Tata

you both have complained about sinus infections. Were they ever properly cleared? Maybe you need to get that rechecked. I am being treated for chronic mastoid infection and have quite afew similar symptoms. With a chronic infection seems the symptoms are different from an acute infection. I felt sick for ages before my head hurt in that spot. Maybe you follow that path. They can be drained if they wont clear themselves and Goingcrazy I know you said you felt better after antibiotics. An infection would get the adrenalin pumping, which causes the anxiety symptoms and may account for the light headedness. What do you think?

Lala The herniated disk sounds like it could cause you no end of problems. Are you having some treatment?

Gjoy

Last edited by gjoy; 03-17-2010 at 01:32 AM.

Old 03-17-2010, 06:23 AM   #95
    sarahluke
    (female)

sarahluke HB Usersarahluke HB User

Hi Going Crazy,
    I am new to your post and read the whole thing. I feel for you. A year is a long time to have health problems with all clear tests. I've been there.
    I'll tell you what I have found about myself. Years ago I used to get lightheaded all the time. If I bent over I would feel like passing out but I never did. I was very active in the gym also. My heart checked out OK. I also started getting a lot of headaches and sometimes vision problems but my main concern was the dizziness.
    I researched and researched online myself because that is my personality and I came across information on the Vagus nerve. I started care with an upper cervical specialty chiropractor (Atlas Orthogonal) and within 2 months all the light headedness was gone.
    Now, current day, I don't have any light headedness but I do get a lot of mild nausea. On the days that I feel like crap I go get an Atlas adjustment and I feel much better and the nausea goes away.
    I wish my good days were permanent but I still have to go see my chiro about every 2 weeks.
    Since you've had everything else tested why not check this out too.
    Good luck and keep posting your journey.

Old 03-17-2010, 07:52 AM   #96
    goingcrazy8
    (male)

goingcrazy8 HB User

It's funny you should mention this, because before this all happened I had gone to a chiropractor for the first time in my life. For the first few months I thought he might have done damage or something. I have a close friend who is a chiropractor and went to him for a couple of weeks to see if it made any difference. He said I had "Military Neck", so he would adjust me and my back would feel better, but it never actually did anything for the lightheaded feeling. My lightheaded feeling def. gets worse depending on how I bend, sit etc. I am constantly cracking my neck and back as it is always tense. Sometimes my neck gets so stiff I feel like my head is shaking. I also get muscle spasms in my chest sometimes. You know how you tense up naturally when you are about to get punched in the stomach? That's how I feel almost of the time. I sometimes catch myself non conciously clenching my neck, chest and stomach. I just can't help it.... Its the worst when I'm really concentrating on something. I sometimes also squint my eyes without noticing(no I don't need glasses). I don't get headaches though(Thank God). My vision isn't bad, I just get lightheaded and my heart races.

Old 03-18-2010, 05:50 AM   #97
    gigi11
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

gigi11 HB Usergigi11 HB Usergigi11 HB User

I think with anxiety you tighten your muscles from what I read, so parts of your body become very tense. I know for me gas travels and makes my neck, chest and stomach feel tight and I can barely move it. Anxiety makes it worse on top of it. Alot people mistaken the back and neck pain for actual back and spine trouble and go to a chiropractor. I think a chiropractor is bogust because when I went they had all these different theories about my pain. Chiropractor is only good unless you had a real serious injury. I have heard so many people with intestinal issues that go to the gastro doctor first and when they can't figure the problem out the person goes to a chiropractor next and then they figure out it was actually gas causing the whole problem - I am just saying for some people.

Old 03-19-2010, 08:10 AM   #98
    sarahluke
    (female)

sarahluke HB Usersarahluke HB User

Yeah, you have to treat whatever the cause is first. If the anxiety is causing gastro and musculoskeletal problems then going to the GI doc and the chiro isn't going to change much and vice versa. I find that you have to treat it all though. My back really knots up and subluxates when I am under a lot of stress. I need to see the chiropractor to get that released or it won't go away. But I also need to get the stress under control or it will come right back.. It can be a vicious circle.

Old 03-19-2010, 06:13 PM   #99
    Ladylene
    (female)

Ladylene HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by goingcrazy8 View Post
    It's funny you should mention this, because before this all happened I had gone to a chiropractor for the first time in my life. For the first few months I thought he might have done damage or something. I have a close friend who is a chiropractor and went to him for a couple of weeks to see if it made any difference. He said I had "Military Neck", so he would adjust me and my back would feel better, but it never actually did anything for the lightheaded feeling. My lightheaded feeling def. gets worse depending on how I bend, sit etc. I am constantly cracking my neck and back as it is always tense. Sometimes my neck gets so stiff I feel like my head is shaking. .

Im sorry to read your story. Please see my post (Extreme Anxiety caused by neck pain) just posted today. Your symptoms are the same as mine and can certainly be attributed to neck injury. Beware of tilting your head backwards (this will usually set it off). Beware of bending forward and then look up (as this is the one that usually gets me). Head slight forward is the best position for me. I cannot lie down or anxiety increases. I'm waiting to go to a neurologist so will keep you posted). also .. yes your stomach issues can be caused by anxiety .. mine was terrible and I had every test possible but alll was fine. Dont' worry about what it is or you will make your anxiety worse. Just relax and trust that anxiety can cause some awful symptoms but it wont kill you .... Hold on ... hope is always possible and the baddest of times always pass! Feel for ya!

Closed Thread