It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

• 2 months of insomnia

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-31-2009, 01:23 PM   #1
    ozzeran
    (male)

ozzeran HB User
    2 months of insomnia

2 months of insomnia now. Started on a Sunday night right before going to bed I got really anxious, but blew it off as I thought it would be just that one night. Well ever since then I have had a hard time falling asleep, mind you if I drink a few beers prior to bed time I'm ok, but I don't want to become an alcoholic. I did however sleep for a week while working out, but I stopped it during the weekend and fell right back into the slump come Sunday night, so was too tired to keep it up. Went to the after hours doctor and he checked my thyroid which was ok and prescribed me generic ambien, well I didn't take it for a few days and finally said the hell with it, took it, fell asleep all through night, but woke up kinda drugged feeling for whatever reason, so stopped it. Still had problems with sleep so went to pdoc, he said if the Ambien is making you feel drugged the next day then I'll prescribe an old antidepressant that would make people drowsy, it's called amitriptyline (not sure exactly how spelled) took it first night and took awhile to relax but then slept and woke up so tired and weird feeling, like I could sleep all day. Tried it again that night and had same problem so stopped it. Called him and he lowered it to 10mg, just afraid to take anything for this issue, I used to always sleep like a baby. It is finally affecting my job, lastnight I had 2 hours of sleep. Just curious if <YOU>were in my shoes if you would try the Ambien still or try the new dose of that anti depressant? I am a 31 year old male btw.

thanks

Last edited by ms_mod; 03-31-2009 at 04:32 PM. Reason: As per the posting rules, always use whole words in your posts. Ms_Mod

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-13-2009, 10:07 AM   #2
    LL37
    (female)

LL37 HB UserLL37 HB User
    Re: 2 months of insomnia

I took ambian regular for 4 months, and liked it a lot during my auto accident recovery and soar neck at night. I did develop a tolerance and started waking after 4-5 hours(a couple of times got annoyed and took it a second time in the middle of the night) and then tried Ambian cr and got stomach acid/acid reflux from hell*still hoping it subsides on it's own soon. I'll never touch "Ambian cr" again. I may try ambian again.

Last edited by ms_mod; 04-13-2009 at 10:47 AM. Reason: Don't discuss using prescription medication that was not prescribed for your use. Ms_Mod

Old 04-13-2009, 03:21 PM   #3
    spungy
    (female)

spungy HB User
    Re: 2 months of insomnia

Try taking magnesium..it helps your nerves heal and helps you relax more.

Closed Thread