It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

• Need to hear from Lexapro users!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-09-2009, 11:51 AM   #1
    Luvmydog
    (female)

Luvmydog HB User
    Need to hear from Lexapro users!

I would like to know from Lexapro users what dose manages your anxiety?

Thank you!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-09-2009, 01:17 PM   #2
    catheryn
    Veteran
    (female)

catheryn HB User
    Re: Need to hear from Lexapro users!

I'm on 10mgs right now. I've only been on it for about a week so I can't say if it's working or not, but I think the dosage is too high for me because I'm having WICKED side effects, to the point where I pretty much hate this drug. I'm going to cut back to 5mgs and see what happens. 10mgs I think is the standard dosage and I believe you can go up to 15mgs or 20mgs.

Old 04-09-2009, 09:04 PM   #3
    WantToManage
    (female)

WantToManage HB User

I'm on 20mg (started at 10mg last January) and it has helped a lot -- but it has not completely eliminated my "trigger" anxiety thoughts; it just keeps them from gaining "traction" so I don't spiral into a fear loop.

Next time I see my doctor for a dosage check, I'm going to ask him if he thinks I need to go a little higher with the dosage.

I'm fortunate that I haven't had any side effects. Comparing my experience with Catheryn's above just goes to show how differently medications affect people!

Old 04-10-2009, 06:11 PM   #4
    nate56
    (male)

nate56 HB User
    Smile Re: Need to hear from Lexapro users!

hi, im on 20 mg. of lexapro daily. i think its great. its solved my problem.
    now remember, just because you get cured like me with medication there is a possibility there might be times where you might have a propblem dealing with anxiety on some occasians. i did at first but not now. i have no side affects from it either.

Last edited by ms_mod; 04-11-2009 at 07:51 AM. Reason: Removed unnecessary quote. Ms_Mod

Old 04-10-2009, 07:11 PM   #5
    emp0052
    (female)

emp0052 HB User

I was prescribed 10mg of Lexapro with a supplemental prescription of Klonapin to keep panic at bay. It worked incredibly for me. The only problem I had was that the medication made me really tired all the time. I could sleep for 12 hours and still need more.

I am currently off Lexapro but still wish I had the Klonapin sometimes. Knowing what it was like to experience low levels of anxiety that I could manage (which was made possible by the Lexapro) has helped me figure out how to deal with my depression/anxiety on my own.

Old 04-11-2009, 10:43 AM   #6
    nate56
    (male)

nate56 HB User
    Smile Re: Need to hear from Lexapro users!

im taking 20 mg. of lexapro daily. it works great for me. no side affects and has cured me from gen. & social anxiety.

nate56

Last edited by ms_mod; 04-11-2009 at 11:57 AM. Reason: Removed unnecessary quote. Ms_Mod

Old 04-11-2009, 01:21 PM   #7
    catheryn
    Veteran
    (female)

catheryn HB User

I'm going to give the lexapro another go after my exams are over. I also have a supplemental prescription for klonopin and that works well (doesn't make me stoned/drunk-like like even small doses of ativan does, and it lasts longer ).

Hopefully the side effects will work themselves out before summer classes begin in mid May!

If they don't go away I'm reconsidering paxil, but in a lower dose. emp0052: I had the same experience on lexpro when i started it and paxil. On paxil I slept for 30 hours on a few occasions. If someone didn't wake me up I'd just sleep and sleep. It's frustrating. Hopefully the next round of lexapro won't be so harsh!

Closed Thread