It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

• experiences with cymbalta

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-19-2009, 12:33 PM   #1
    prettiestpon
    (female)

prettiestpon HB User
    experiences with cymbalta

i have generalized anxiety disorder, and it's been amplified since ive been going to college. i do not experience depression, just anxiety, insomia, rapid heartbeat, nervousness

my doc thought cybalta would be best. so im trying it out at 30 mgs a day. the list of side effects are pretty extreme....are all antidepressants like this ? has anyone's anxiety been helped by this drug ? my anxiety is so bad that i only get 4-5 hrs of sleep each night.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-23-2009, 05:45 PM   #2
    PAUSA
    (female)

PAUSA HB User
    Re: experiences with cymbalta

I personally hated Cymbalta. My doctor put me on it about a year ago and my pupils were almost always dilated and it sent my anxiety sky high! I actually have more of a generalized anxiety disorder where I'm anxious or nervous feeling most of the time with the occasional anxiety attack, but the Cymbalta was causing me to have a lot of anxiety attacks. It didn't work for me, but that's not to say that it wouldn't be a good fit for you. Best of luck to you.

Old 04-27-2009, 06:57 PM   #3
    prettiestpon
    (female)

prettiestpon HB User
    Re: experiences with cymbalta

thanks

i actually got off it after a week. it made me sooo nauseous. i couldnt stand it. it really interrupted my life. so im just sticking to counseling for my GAD

Closed Thread