It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

• Do your anxiety symptoms change from time to time?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-23-2009, 05:54 PM   #1
    PAUSA
    (female)

PAUSA HB User
    Do your anxiety symptoms change from time to time?

I used to always have the typical anxiety symptoms, but lately I've been getting more weird feelings and sensations and I've become extremely superstitious. My sister just had a baby and I've been a nervous wreck the past three days thinking that since a baby was born someone is going to die and I'm so worried. I know that's an awful way of thinking and I hope that I'm wrong. I just obsess over things so much. Is it normal for anxiety to change completely and not always produce symptoms close to anything you've felt before? Sometimes my heart rate slows down when I'm anxious now instead of speeding up. That's just one of many things.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-23-2009, 08:05 PM   #2
    leoball80
    (female)

leoball80 HB User
    Re: Do your anxiety symptoms change from time to time?

I would say yes it is. A few years ago I used to have panic attacks all the time. I would have to take a Valium to calm me down. After a while that seemed to stop and I became more of a hypochondriac. I was always worried I was dying of something, or I was going to get a bad illness. Then that stopped and I began to be more paranoid instead, I also developed OCD. I am always thinking something bad will happen, I always think someone will break into my house or someone in my family will die/get seriously ill.

So my anxiety has changed forms many times. I used to get physical anxiety and now I only have mental anxiety. Even my past individual panic attack had different symptoms. One time I would feel shakey and my heart would be pounding, another time I felt numb all over and like I was walking in slow motion. Anxiety comes in many forms and displays many symptoms you wouldn't even link to anxiety.

Last edited by ms_mod; 04-24-2009 at 06:39 AM. Reason: Removed unnecessary quote. Ms_Mod

Old 04-24-2009, 02:33 PM   #3
    inglewood
    Inactive
    (male)

inglewood HB User
    Re: Do your anxiety symptoms change from time to time?

Yes. I go through periods where Im scared I might grab a knife and stab myself or even though I dont want to (Ill lose control) or sometimes its just simple anxiety. Someimes I can be in the same room with family without being anxious so yeah its a stuggle just trying to stay in one constant "good" mood

Closed Thread