It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

• Constant anxiety symptoms

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-28-2009, 01:43 AM   #1
    steph24nj
    (female)

steph24nj HB User
    Constant anxiety symptoms

Hi everyone,

I am new to this and I'm hoping someone can relate to me.

I am 24 year old female, normal height/weight and except for these symtoms, I have never had any problems or worries about my health.

I have probably had every weird sensation going but my main problems are:

Almost constant giddiness (like i'm on a boat)
    Neck stiffness and soreness which cracks ALOT
    Weakness sometimes in left arm
    Numbness in various parts of body
    Severe tingling in head and face
    Tremor in one hand
    Fatigue
    Head zaps or shooting pains
    Backache
    Head fullness
    Lighheadedness

I have had CT brain. MRI brain, neck X ray, various blood tests, ECG, seen 2 neurologists and ALL normal!! I do have hypermobility in my neck but a chiropractor didn't seem to solve the problem.

EVERYBODY tells me this is anxiety but I can't seem to believe it. These symptoms are constant in different combinations everyday. They do not come on when I am worked up or stressed and do not seem to correspond with my state of mind. If it wasn't for these symptoms, I would be a very happy person.

Any body feel the same or similar?

The Following User Says Thank You to steph24nj For This Useful Post:
    jessica413 (04-02-2011)
    Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-30-2009, 03:02 AM   #2
    johncbackedup
    (male)

johncbackedup HB User
    Re: Costant anxiety symtoms

I have a bit of an anxiety problem and one thing that I've noticed is sometimes the symptoms will hit me at the strangest times, even when I'm not worked up over things.

Old 05-14-2009, 12:34 PM   #3
    806fiona
    (female)

806fiona HB User

hi, im 25 and have been diagnosed with anxiety and panic attacks
    i get alot of the symtoms you described
    neck stiffness which also cracks!
    numbness in both arms and both legs(not all at once, can vary)
    fatigue
    head zapps
    constant weakness and heaviness in my limbs
    tingly fingers and side of my face sometimes lips
    light headediness
    pounding in my head
    all these symptoms then make me panic and have a panic attack,
    i also have trouble sleeping with all the crazy thoughts running round in my head
    i think im having a stroke/aneurism/heart attack/going blind(the list is endless)
    i am forever checkin my body for strange colouring, numbness or swelling and if i look hard enough i always find something that freaks me out
    i too have had lots of tests but have no solid answer, im finding it hard to accept the diagnosis, but i think thats probably half of the cure

Old 05-17-2009, 06:10 AM   #4
    hayleyanddaniel
    (female)

hayleyanddaniel HB User
    Smile Re: Costant anxiety symtoms

Hi all,

I feel EXACTLY the same way.. I have suffered the following symptoms for 5 years:

dizziness (feeling like I'm on a boat)
    When I walk I feel like I'm falling into the ground (like I'm dropping)
    I feel like I have to hold on to things at times, as though I can't stand without support
    heavy legs
    weakness
    numbness
    pins and needles
    zapp like sensations
    headaches
    sleeplessness
    feeling like I'm going to die (panic attacks)
    feeling like I'm having a stroke, brain bleed, or I have MS.
    sharp pains in feet, legs, wherever....

For years I have been convinced that I have some form of serious illness (my favs being MS, cancer, lupus, differing types of autoimmune illnesses and neurological illnesses)

I have had 4 MRI's of the head, 2 MRI's of the spine, nerve conduction studies, ECG, blood tests and the best of them all, a spinal tap. Every single test came back with nil issues (touch wood). Yet, I still, every day of my life, think that '..the docs have missed something', or that 'I must have one of those illnesses like ms that takes a while to diagnose', or perhaps '..this time it really will be one of the things I'm worried about; it's finally arrived. Best take myself to the doc again..' It is the most debilitating and draining mindset to have and I can fully relate to what you are all saying...

I JUST HAVE TO ACCEPT THAT I SUFFER ANXIETY...and learn how to manage it. I need to let go or the constant fear that consumes me and I need to FULLY accept the diagnosis that has been given to me, and learn to live again... It is so hard, because the symtoms are so full on. But, if you have been given that diagnosis, you must keep trying to accept it and start living again, freely. I am continuing to work on it. It is a constant struggle, but I'm trying.. Mind you I just said to my husband, why does he think my headaches have been so bad lately? His response, cause you spend your life worrying.. Perhaps I just need to try that little bit harder...

Old 05-17-2009, 09:18 AM   #5
    steph24nj
    (female)

steph24nj HB User

Hi,

Has anybody asked their Dr about M.E?

Last week my Dr said he was happy to diagnose me with M.E. It is a vague diagnoses as there is no kow test to confirm it.

Old 05-24-2009, 08:33 PM   #6
    tommy worrier
    (male)

tommy worrier HB User
    Re: Constant anxiety symptoms

i feel the same, way the amount of pressure it puts on me, bothe physicaly and mentaly, i think like so many other people im going to die, i constantly have to be somewhere near where i know theres a hospital.... and ofcourse, i just know how happy i would become if i didnt have it, it effects me also everyday, also with depresion, im new to this, i hope being able to tslk about will some how ralieve the pressure...

Last edited by ms_mod; 05-25-2009 at 06:17 AM. Reason: Removed unnecessary quote. Ms_Mod

Old 05-25-2009, 09:17 AM   #7
    tattoogirl
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

tattoogirl HB User
    Re: Constant anxiety symptoms

What is M.E? Also are you on Cymbalta by any chance? When I was changing dose's and especially when I was coming off of it I had "brain zaps". Just a thought.

Closed Thread