It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

• Depleted adrenal glands from constant anxiety

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-03-2009, 01:11 PM   #1
    PAUSA
    (female)

PAUSA HB User
    Depleted adrenal glands from constant anxiety

I know a lady who recently found out that her adrenal glands were depleted from stress/anxiety and I've been feeling so crappy lately do you think that could be what's wrong with me? I haven't ever heard of that before. Has it happened to anyone on here?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-03-2009, 03:08 PM   #2
    deb03
    (female)

deb03 HB User
    Re: Depleted adrenal glands from constant anxiety

I do know adrenals can affect how you feel.

Old 05-04-2009, 06:56 AM   #3
    nyergirl66
    (female)

nyergirl66 HB User

This can definetly happen. It happened to me back in Nov. I was so stressed out with my every day life I had so many headaches I thought I had a brain tumor and freaked myself out so much more until I depleted my adrenals. My regular Dr. never even suggested that, he just kept saying its anxiety. Yes it was anxiety but to the point I messed up my adremnals. I was a mess! I woke up so shaky, I had to eat immedietly. It caused hypoglycemia.
    I saw an Osteopath who diagnosed me. I used a vitamin called drenamin for adrenal support, I'm sure there are others. I was also told no sugar, high protein diet is the best to get the adrenals back. It takes a while but my adrenals are feeling better , I can tell the difference because I no longer have the extreme shakiness-hypoglycemia symptoms and I can eat sugar again. I still have stress headaches almost daily though.
    I hope this helps.
    Jeanne

Old 05-04-2009, 09:36 AM   #4
    PAUSA
    (female)

PAUSA HB User

Thank you for the replies :-) I might check into it with my doctor. He's going to be like Oh No another self diagnosis by this girl!! I feel like I drive my dr's nuts sometimes.

Old 05-12-2009, 12:00 PM   #5
    FEELBAD62
    (male)

FEELBAD62 HB User

Yep, happened to me. My constant stress and anxiety made my adrenals crash. Had an adrenal test that showed they were barely funcitoning. I took cortef and an adrenal stimulant for a year and no better. Then 3 months ago I started whats called the Meyer's cocktail which is high dose of viamins that are administered by IV. Remarkable difference, in addition I increased my celexa to 60 mgs which is controlling the anxiety. I feel almost normal now and I was a mess for 3 years!!!

Old 05-15-2009, 09:44 AM   #6
    dduff
    (male)

dduff HB User

I can only add that after a long stressful situation and feeling terrible, with various symptoms (numbness, twitches, nausea, vomiting, vision problems), the MDs and DOs couldn't come up with a diagnosis after dozens of tests (MRIs, blood profiles, EEGs, tilt table, etc.). An alternative doc immediately diagnosed as adrenal insufficiency. He prescribed adrenal support vitamin/supplements called Drenamin, Cataplex B, Cytozyme, and told me to use sea salt at every meal. I felt better for about 5 months and then went off the regimen. I am feeling terrible again after 2months. Still not sure about the adrenals- if its legit or quackery (lots of argument on the web)- but I am starting the regimen again.

Closed Thread