It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

• lexapro - how quick for side effects?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-09-2009, 05:40 AM   #1
    luckylady814
    (female)

luckylady814 HB User
    lexapro - how quick for side effects?

I just took my first dose of lexapro/10mg last night. I woke up with a headache and mild nausea. I've read that this can be a side effect...but this quickly?

I had been taking xanax as needed, 1mg, but it isn't working anymore. My dr. told me that it is highly addictive -- and that my body is probably just use to the xanax. Thanks.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-10-2009, 02:05 PM   #2
    Aletam
    (female)

Aletam HB User
    Re: lexapro - how quick for side effects?

well when i started lexapro i started to take 1/2 pill first which would be 5mg and then full pill which would be 10mg and i got the side effects once i started to take the full 10mg......i even stopped and started again and instantly had the side effects since i started out with the 10mg........if <YOU> can make it through about a week of these side effects<YOU> will hopefully start noticing that they work....lesapro has worked wonders for me......i have not been on it but im starting again tonight.....i noticed that when i stopped the anxiety started again!

Last edited by ms_mod; 05-10-2009 at 02:47 PM. Reason: As per the posting rules, always use whole words in your posts. Ms_Mod

Old 05-10-2009, 07:17 PM   #3
    Jenbuck29
    (female)

Jenbuck29 HB User
    Re: lexapro - how quick for side effects?

Hi! I have been on Lexapro for near 4 months. At first everything was ok. Then I started getting my major anxiety/panic attacks. Told my dr & he wants me to take 2 10 mg Lexapro tabs, but im scared to because I am also on Adipex, Xanax, seizure meds, & Ambian to sleep. I am terrified that all these pills are going to not mix well & cause me a stroke or heart attack. My anxiety starts making me tense in my shoulders, then one side of my head pulsates, then I start feeling like I cant breath or swallow, & then the severe panic sets in & then I have heart palpitations & my heart starts racing & it takes me at least an hr to recover from a panic attack! Gosh it is the scariest feeling in the world. It feels like a stroke or heart attack so I usually am in a major panic that i rush to the hospital & beg for oxygen. But here lately when I feel one coming on, I take 1/2 a bar of Xanax & eventually it fades before it gets bad. Anxiety for me comes around the same time every day which is around 2pm. Lexapro has helped a little, but the anxiety could also be coming from my seizure meds & the incredible amount of stress dealing with a 5 yr old autistic boy & a 2 yr old boy who is going through the terrible twos! Good luck! Need to take it for 2 weeks for it to be fully absorbed & you;ll start noticing a difference. After that if you dont feel less depressed, I would consider a change.

Last edited by ms_mod; 05-11-2009 at 05:03 AM.

Old 05-11-2009, 10:02 AM   #4
    luckylady814
    (female)

luckylady814 HB User
    Question Re: lexapro/klonipin - how quick for side effects?

Thanks for the feedback. After two days of feeling nauseous and feverish, I decided to stop it. Totally not fair to feel sick on Mothers Day! I'm hoping my dr. will switch me to Klonipin. Several friends say this is a great anti-anxiety drug. Just thinking about all this mess just gets my chest tight and the anxiety sets in. Anyone out there tried klonipin?

Closed Thread