It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

• Many issues-Knowingly infecting a person-bf beating, raping, no condom/heroin etc....

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-09-2009, 02:37 PM   #1
    tattoogirl
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

tattoogirl HB User
    Many issues-Knowingly infecting a person-bf beating, raping, no condom/heroin etc....

MANY ISSUES IN THIS POST. I will try to keep it as short as possible but there is ALOT more info.

My sister was just hospitalized for detox and Bipolar related problems (she is still there). She was/is a crack heroin addict. We were estranged for 8 months due to her pawning my son's and my electronics/jewelry, as well as, MANY other problems. There is a long painful history between us but I love her and am scared.

Her BF has been beating her, tied her up and raped her multiple times and has threatened to kill her, help knives to her etc....He would say he would cut her up and put her down the drain or take her to Puerto Rico, stab her up and throw her in a ditch. He is on her lease and also has "alot over her head" so she's been afraid to go to police.

Ok, well I am concerned about her HIV status for MANY issues. Her BF'S brother died recently from cirrhosis of the liver and HIV. They WERE all needle heroin addicts. I am not sure if my sister shared a needle with him but I am almost 100% positive her BF did and between rape (and unprotected sex all the time, he refused to wear a condom), and him and her most likely sharing needles, am VERY worried!

IF HE HAS HIV AND DID THE ABOVE, KNOWINGLY EXPOSING HER, CAN HE BE ARRESTED/PROSECUTED?

I will be seeing her in the hospital/psych/detox facility this week and want to know what I can do? We are afraid, when she gets out, she could be killed by him and others!!! We are in CT...what are the laws regarding this? Can I go to the police(who haven't been of any help)? When her insurance runs out (5-7 days) can they keep her because of the danger? What protective measures can be taken? Can she get him off her lease? They don't seem to be doing anything to set something up to deal with this. They continue to say, "just focus on your detox." And then what!? Throw her on the street with no help which has been an issue in the past.

I know I posted on the HIV board and there is more than that issue but I didn't know where to post. I AM VERY SCARED!

I want to help but also have to be causcious that she doesn't destroy me in the process (something that happened in the past...this has been a continual cycle). Mentally she is not right. I just couldn't live with myself, if she committed suicide or was killed. The rape I told you about where she was tied up...it happened on a night when she wanted to kill herself by taking an overdose of Risperodol...he said, "it turned him on."

HELP!

-Bella

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-09-2009, 03:19 PM   #2
    rosequartz
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

rosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB User
    Re: Many issues-Knowingly infecting a person-bf beating, raping, no condom/heroin etc

wow what a mess.....
    I'm sorry for all your sister is going thru, hopefully she can get her head on straight soon. I can't answer most of your questions, but the one thing you asked, can your sister get this guy off the lease. I'd be asking if she can break the lease and move somewhere else.......somewhere where he can't find her! And even if she can't break the lease, she needs to just move, her life depends on it. Talk to a social worker, maybe she can get some kind of assistance for housing. It doesn't sound like taking her into your home is an option and that's very understandable. Good luck.

Old 05-09-2009, 06:04 PM   #3
    smiteler
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

smiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB User
    Re: Many issues-Knowingly infecting a person-bf beating, raping, no condom/heroin etc

IF HE HAS HIV AND DID THE ABOVE, KNOWINGLY EXPOSING HER, CAN HE BE ARRESTED/PROSECUTED?

she sure can,he will do jail time if convicted.
    it sounds like you need to contact the proper authorities for more then one reason.
    braking a lease would be the last thing to worry about
    in this case.i would advise her to get away at all costs
    good luck

Old 05-10-2009, 11:27 AM   #4
    tattoogirl
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

tattoogirl HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by rosequartz View Post
    wow what a mess.....
    I'm sorry for all your sister is going thru, hopefully she can get her head on straight soon. I can't answer most of your questions, but the one thing you asked, can your sister get this guy off the lease. I'd be asking if she can break the lease and move somewhere else.......somewhere where he can't find her! And even if she can't break the lease, she needs to just move, her life depends on it. Talk to a social worker, maybe she can get some kind of assistance for housing. It doesn't sound like taking her into your home is an option and that's very understandable. Good luck.
    She left a message for her landlord telling him of the situation. She is behind in rent too! Her BF took complete control of her $. She went on SSDI awhile back and was given back pay of $85,000 and he went through ALL HER $ and when it was gone, the abuse started. Her landlord's brother is an attorney, so she is nervous. There is also a lot of drug dealing going on in there too. I said, before you bring that up, see if he works with you on your situation. She is asking him to help quietly move her out to one of his other properties. She has a hard time getting a place because of an eviction from 1 apartment and a foreclosure on a condo she had owned.

I DEFINITELY can't take her into my place is right. I have a child to think of and myself at this point. She has done some horrific things to me over the years...I had to move out at 16 because I was unsafe living with her at my parents. She has hurt our family, time and time again, and brings people into her life that take everything she has and screws us in the process. VERY pathological. If I went into that I would be typing for another 3 hours...like a lifetime movie, to say the least!

I printed out info for her from a local abuse center that can help, hopefully. I have to have her actually do some work this time. She wants me to "help her run away" and "fix this for [her] which I have done too many times in the past, only to get SERIOUSLY screwed. The only reason she called me this time, after those 8 months, is because she NEEDED something from me. I have "fixed" her situations in the past for her and it didn't change a thing.

Thank you for your help and allowing me to vent. Today is Mother's Day and my son is sick...just took him for emergency appointment....has strep and 103.9 fever. They took a culture for the swine flu since he has flu-like symptoms and a weird rash. And my sister is MAD I can't go visit her! Very self-involved. She hasn't called me today, since I can't visit her. She knows I have no one to watch my son too but still doesn't understand. O.K. I stop now....

-Bella

Old 05-10-2009, 11:30 AM   #5
    tattoogirl
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

tattoogirl HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by smiteler View Post

she sure can,he will do jail time if convicted.
    it sounds like you need to contact the proper authorities for more then one reason.
    braking a lease would be the last thing to worry about
    in this case.i would advise her to get away at all costs
    good luck
    That all makes sense! Just need to find her a place to live...problem is is that she doesn't think right and she wants to keep her furniture and thinks about unimportant things in this situation...my mom mentioned to leave it, sell it etc.....There is the abuse center I mentioned above and they have up to a 2 month stay she can hopefully utilize. Thanks!

Old 05-10-2009, 11:32 AM   #6
    tattoogirl
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

tattoogirl HB User

OH also should I call her cities police department? Should I leave that up to her, her councilors, abuse center etc.? There is quite a bit of illegal stuff that went on and I DON'T want to get caught up in that!

Closed Thread