It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

• want to stop taking Lexapro

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-16-2009, 12:17 PM   #1
    vital
    (male)

vital HB User
    want to stop taking Lexapro

I've been starting on Lexapro 5mg daily and its been making really tired and unmotivated for the past 2 months. I told my doctor and he suggests I take 10mg or 20mg daily to see how things go. I don't know why he would suggest I up my dosage when I told him I don't like the side effects and I would like to manage my anxiety without meds since I don't believe its that severe to take meds daily. I'm really thinking of going off Lexapro myself but not sure if its the best thing to do.. Will I get withdrawals? How should I go about this? I just dont want to be dependent on SSRIs for the rest of my life.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-16-2009, 07:53 PM   #2
    sunshine123
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

sunshine123 HB Usersunshine123 HB Usersunshine123 HB Usersunshine123 HB User
    Re: want to stop taking Lexapro

It shouldn't be hard going off of 5 mgs. of Lexapro. You could try taking it every other day for a week or 2, then every 3rd day, etc. I've read of withdrawals from larger doses of Lexapro, but I don't think you'll have a problem. Best of luck to you.

Closed Thread