It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

• Never felt worse in my life

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-20-2009, 04:28 AM   #1
    Monticello
    (male)

Monticello HB User
    Never felt worse in my life

Hey all. Just wanted to come in here and put my feelings down. I've felt like crap these past 2 months. Worse than I ever have. It's like I have a new negative thought everyday. Like yesterday I thought I was just all of a sudden gonna stop breathing. I know it's impossible, but for some reason I can't get myself to really believe it. Sometimes I feel like I am going to go blind if my eyes start to hurt. Again, I know it won't happen, but I can't convince myself to believe it. I even worry in my house all the time. I used to be completely fine when being in my house, but now I don't even feel that comfortable being home as much as I used to.

I was supposed to start CBT back in late March. So my therapist sent me to a clinic so I could get a physical just to make sure nothing physically was wrong with me. So I went and they performed a EKG. My heartbeat came back abnormal so the doctor assigned me to a Cardiologist. The problem was the closest appointment we could get was 2 months later. So I would have to stay at home and rot for 2 months...which is exactly what happened. So 2 months later, I went and the anxiety built up pretty bad, but thankfully I made it through. I took another EKG for my heart and they checked some other stuff and it turned out there was nothing wrong with my heart. I was relieved at that point in time, but by then, the worry had built up pretty strongly for the 2 months leading up to the appointment that I was soon worrying again.

So I went back to the clinic and the doctor gave me some stuff called Buspirone HCL. He said it's supposed to calm my nerves down . It's not really a long term drug, just a temporary one. So I take it and I felt a little better at first, then the next day I started feeling the side effects. I got a headache and I once again felt I was going blind. I felt a little bit nauseous and my body felt kinda weak. So I haven't taken it since last night because even though my symptoms got a little better for a few hours, they came back and were stronger than before it seemed. Now I'm scared that if I go back on medication, I'll feel worse than I am now for a few weeks before it actually kicks in.

I feel like I will eventually fear everything and just lose my mind.

It's just that I think such weird thoughts. Thoughts that I feel that are making me go crazy because I am thinking about them and believe they could do harm. My anxiety has never been worse and I feel that I will end up in a mental instituition at some point because of these thoughts that I am having. I would like to get back on some meds, but I think I might be too afraid at this point. I honetly don't know what to do and just want this all to end.

Last edited by ms_mod; 05-20-2009 at 07:50 AM. Reason: Note edit to your post, discussions of that nature are not permitted. Ms_Mod

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-20-2009, 07:43 PM   #2
    aeiou77
    (male)

aeiou77 HB User
    Re: Never felt worse in my life

Monticello,

I feel your pain. I've had anxiety/panic for 4 years now. I've been on Lexapro 3 times. Each time I stopped, I was back on within a few months. I wanted to try a new medication the third time, so he put me on Buspirone, to try it out. I was on it for a week, and it made me depressed for the first time in my life, to the point where I immediately stopped taking it. Lexapro had always worked, so I went back to the doctor to get put back on it. You may be right in that you have to wait a week or two to get positive results, but you will, and just need to hang in there. It will get better. I call that first week, HELL WEEK. That first week I got on Lexapro was horrible and a half. I was bed ridden, and couldn't really do anything. Never left the house. This is even after having no negative side effects the first two times I had taken it. Weeks later, though, I am feeling like a million bucks, and back to my old self. You just have to stay positive, get through the bad days, and know that it will get better. Good luck to you!

Closed Thread