It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

• Anxiety is winning!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-25-2009, 07:24 AM   #1
    Amber81499
    (female)

Amber81499 HB User
    Anxiety is winning!

I am a 28 year old woman who has posted before, I have panic attacks and anxiety issues. I have been doing well for the last year but recently (within the last 2 weeks) I feel like the anxiety is getting the best of me. One problem that I am having is waking up every morning at 430am. Doesnt matter what time I go to bed or how tired I am but you could just about set your alarm to my 430 wake up call. Sometimes I can fall back asleep and some times I cant. I just lay there and wait for the 615 alarm to go off.

The second problem that I am having is HAIR LOSS. In the morning when I take a shower and wash my hair I am always left with a big clump at the shower drain and it is really starting to bother me. I read some ***** stuff on womans hair loss and there werent really any "reasons" why it happens. But as a woman - its scary.

The last thing that has begun happening is hot flashes. It really doesnt matter if I am folding laundry or running up and down the stairs to bring something up from downstairs I can just start sweating like I am running a 10 mile marathon. It is so weird, my anxiety then just takes over and I work myself into a complete panic. I read some stuff on hot flashes and sweating and have convinced myself that there must be something wrong with me. Maybe my pituitary gland has a big tumor or I have some kind of cancer.

I hate the fact that I was feeling so good and now I feel like crap. I know that anxiety does not go away but it is really upsetting me. I am ready to be "fixed". HELP ME UNDERSTAND!

Last edited by ms_mod; 05-25-2009 at 07:50 AM. Reason: Removed banned word. If a word appears like this *** in your post, use of that word is not permitted on this website. Ms_Mod

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-25-2009, 12:05 PM   #2
    Worrybucket
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Worrybucket HB UserWorrybucket HB UserWorrybucket HB UserWorrybucket HB User
    Re: Anxiety is winning!

If you were in your forties I would say it couldbe the start of the menopause but its unlikely due to your age. Having said that it still could be premature meno, so go to your Doc and have some hormone tests done and get your thyroid checked out too. Good luck

Old 05-25-2009, 01:43 PM   #3
    sunshine123
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

sunshine123 HB Usersunshine123 HB Usersunshine123 HB Usersunshine123 HB User

Have you had your thyroid tested? I started experiencing hair loss in my 30's. My Dr. said it was hormonal and my mother had hair loss too, but she wasn't as young as me when it started. In my case, it was caused by too much Testosterone used to treat a skin disorder. I hope you find out what's causing your symptoms. Anxiety is a horrible feeling as I can attest too.

Old 05-26-2009, 05:24 PM   #4
    Amber81499
    (female)

Amber81499 HB User

I did call the doc this morning and he said that while he believes that it is the anxiety he would put in a lab order for a thyroid test, a hormone test, and a blood count. I guess it just really makes me upset because I want to be "cured" and I cant fix this. CONTROL Does anyone else feel like they are always fighting just to stay above water?

I am sure all of the blood tests will be fine but it doesnt make it any easier.

How do you get past the feelings of dispair?

Old 05-27-2009, 12:34 AM   #5
    wendyw
    (female)

wendyw HB User

Prozac was the only thing that finally relieved it for me, but I am not recommending anyone take that! That was way back in 1997 and I did not take it for long. After that, whenever anxiety took hold, I reminded myself that those thoughts were irrational (yes this is very very hard but it can be done). I talked to groups and people about it. I distracted myself with activity whenever possible. If it makes you feel better, I was in such a hellish state after a tragedy, that my anxiety had me literally unable to walk across a room. Walking across room was a big thing. It went on day and NIGHT, incessantly. Panic attack after panic attack, Another thing I did was tell my mind relax, and take DEEP SLOW breaths. Remind yourself that your health comes first and that you are safe.. keep telling yourself this when the attack occurs.

Old 05-27-2009, 09:05 AM   #6
    Sharper38
    (female)

Sharper38 HB User

I currently am feeling your pain. I have long dealt with anxiety and still am, I am 26 and I know what you mean when stating that you feel like you are just above the water. I am having serious anxiety right now myself and I take zoloft and xanax which are not working. Just wanted to let you know that you are not alone.

Old 06-18-2009, 09:46 PM   #7
    NoNoNuNu
    (female)

NoNoNuNu HB User

That is my life DAILY.... I actually do have a pituitary tumor which lucky me causes anexity and panic attacks.... and OH GOODY just found I have fibromyalgia which also tends to make people have the attacks too.
    So my best friend is my bottle of Xanax... not saying everybody should take drugs but if I did not have Xanax and Wellbutrin I would be sitting in the dark in the corner of my room for weeks at a time.
    So I feel your pain... hope the test can back positive or at least something that is easy to fix!!

Closed Thread