It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

• Really need some suggestions: anxiety is getting in the way.

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-27-2009, 03:28 PM   #1
    jnn
    (female)

jnn HB User
    Really need some suggestions: anxiety is getting in the way.

Anxiety is part of my life.... When I was reallly young, I started to worry about dying young. But anyway, here's the problem.

My Dad became alcoholic when I was about 10 and my mom is a great woman. They did not get alone but they did not get divorced either, just because they wanted me and my siblings to grow up in a "healthy" family. When growing up, I was consitantly worried that they would get divorsed.

Now here I am, a grown up, 26-year-old, single woman. I am REALLY fearful about marriage. I am fearful that my future husband will treat on me, or just, maybe change like how my Dad became alcoholic. The fears are so strong that I have to stop going out with guys probably after my second date. And I don't even see guys any more.

I really want to find a boyfriend and live a happy life. But I can break though my anxiety and now I am depressed <BECAUSE>I can't see any hope in life any more....
    Please feel free to give me any suggestion, and thank you for your patience to read this post.

Last edited by ms_mod; 05-27-2009 at 04:54 PM. Reason: As per the posting rules, always use whole words in your posts. Ms_Mod

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-30-2009, 12:03 AM   #2
    sunshine123
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

sunshine123 HB Usersunshine123 HB Usersunshine123 HB Usersunshine123 HB User
    Re: Really need some suggestions: anxiety is getting in the way.

I understand your fear. My parents got divorced when I was about 12. It was a bad situation <BECAUSE> my mother was very abusive and my father left us to live with her anyway. My father has been married 4 times, my mother was married 3 times. I've been happily married for almost 28 years, despite what went on when I was younger. So, it's possible for you too to find the right guy, get married and live happily ever after. Don't give up and deny yourself a happy life!!!

Last edited by ms_mod; 05-30-2009 at 06:38 AM. Reason: As per the posting rules, always use whole words in your posts. Ms_Mod

Old 05-30-2009, 02:41 PM   #3
    jnn
    (female)

jnn HB User

Thanks sunshine123. I am sorry about what you went through in your childhood. But I am glad to hear that you are having a happy marriage, this is very encouraging. Thanks

Last edited by ms_mod; 05-30-2009 at 05:08 PM. Reason: Removed unnecessary quote. Ms_Mod

Old 05-30-2009, 02:52 PM   #4
    sunshine123
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

sunshine123 HB Usersunshine123 HB Usersunshine123 HB Usersunshine123 HB User

You're welcome. Be well. Sue

Old 05-31-2009, 06:10 PM   #5
    bsurf1
    (male)

bsurf1 HB User

ACOA which is adult children of alcoholics hold meetings all over that may help you a lot. I have gone to them a lot and there is a lot of support and good advice.

Closed Thread