It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

• propranolol something happened last night

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-07-2009, 02:27 PM   #1
    sh 08
    (female)

sh 08 HB User
    propranolol something happened last night

I was told not to drink while taking this med but figured it was just the usual thing pharmacists say and ive drank before on other meds plus i read up on what would happen if i did and it didnt sound like i had anything to worry about BUT i had some wine and felt 5 times more drunk than i normally would have so i went to lay down and couldnt fall alseep and out of the blue i threw up EVERYWHERE!!!! i can drink a bottle of wine and never feel sick but this was just a fraction of that! as soon as i was done being sick i felt less "drunk" and fell asleep fine.wont be doing that again!!!! just wondering if this is a common thing for being on this med? by the way knowing i would be drinking that day i didnt take my med and i had only started taking it 3 days before so i knew withdrawal wasnt going to be an issue yet. i will not be drinking anymore and i will be taking the pills on a regular basis i just thought this sudden vomit to be weird and do wonder if it was the pills??

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-09-2009, 07:29 PM   #2
    hypochondriac27
    (male)

hypochondriac27 HB User
    Re: propranolol something happened last night

I have been prescribed propanolol recently but have not started taking it yet. I like to drink alcohol and would prefer not to quit drinking.Could you tell me if you think it is worth taking propanolol? is the medication effective? Have you experienced any side effects or problems with addiction? I tried it once before for a few days but became anxious about its affect on my pulse, so I stopped taking it. Thanks, Fred.

Old 06-09-2009, 08:13 PM   #3
    sh 08
    (female)

sh 08 HB User

well it depends on what <YOU'RE>taking it for if <YOU> let me know i can definately help you!!!!

Last edited by ms_mod; 06-10-2009 at 05:55 AM. Reason: As per the posting rules, always use whole, real words in your posts. Ms_Mod

Old 06-13-2009, 12:22 AM   #4
    hypochondriac27
    (male)

hypochondriac27 HB User

I have been prescribed propanolol for anxiety, panic attacks and just generally being an anxious, hypochondriac nut. Nothing actually physical.

Old 06-13-2009, 12:34 AM   #5
    AnnD
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

AnnD HB UserAnnD HB User

Only time will tell but it also might be that you are having side effects. If vomiting or any other strange things happen...like diarrhea or flu like symptoms I would stop taking it and call the doc. This is not a drug that you have to taper off of but if your blood pressure is very high without the drug then of course you would want to tell the doctor right away... doctor might need you to do a blood test to see if it has untoward effects on the liver. I can't take that drug because of side effects and need to take a different one. Good luck.

Closed Thread