It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

• Question about generic paxil

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-10-2009, 10:52 AM   #1
    shopgirl37
    (female)

shopgirl37 HB User
    Question about generic paxil

Has anybody experience problems with generic paxil?
    I about to start 30mg generic paxil from 20mg brand name
    Share your experience.

Thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-13-2009, 06:00 PM   #2
    lovekush
    (female)

lovekush HB User
    Re: Question about generic paxil

Paxil made me go crazy. I started to feel paranoid all the time and thought everyone was talking about me and judging me. Then I would think people were trying to break into my house when no one was there. When I quit taking Paxil I no longer had any problems except for for personality went from outgoing and outspoken to shy and timid. People have a hard time reading me. Its been 10 years since I quit Paxil. I feel better since I'm off it but I've developed social anxiety since then which is something I didn't have before.

Old 06-18-2009, 11:26 AM   #3
    veal79
    (female)

veal79 HB User
    Wink Re: Question about generic paxil

The generic paxil was much cheaper and worked just as well for me as the brand name paxil. The only complaint I have with paxil overall is weight gain. My doc offered to give me topamax to try to curb my appetite while on generic paxil, I think I'm going to take him up on his offer. I hope the generic paxil works well for you, best of luck. I take 40 mg a day of the generic paxil. Sometimes it doesn't seem to be enough if my anxiety is really bad, then again, I'm better off now than I was without meds.

Last edited by veal79; 06-18-2009 at 11:30 AM.

Old 06-20-2009, 12:16 PM   #4
    Luvmydog
    (female)

Luvmydog HB User

Everyone is different but you asked for experiences. Generic Paxil starting up made me nuts. I had taken brand name yrs. before so asked dr. to write Rx for Brand Necessary on the script. They will do that. I took Paxil CR 37.5 and it worked well for panic. Yes, there is no escaping the whole weight gain issue. Guess we sheeple have to figure out that one on our own because doctors will not admit to this (Probably because they have no personal experience taking it!) Anyway Paxil at that dose worked for me regarding anxiety/panic. Hope this helps.

Old 06-22-2009, 10:44 AM   #5
    4Panic
    (male)

4Panic HB User

I could be wrong but I don't think there is any difference between brand name and generic, apart from the price.

Old 06-30-2009, 08:40 PM   #6
    Wifeandmommy
    (female)

Wifeandmommy HB User

I was on generic paxil and it ended up making me incredibly suicidal (I had been depressed before, but never suicidal). I never took brand name Paxil, but do know that there are warnings that Paxil does cause many to become have suicidal tendancies, but for the most part it is dependent on a variety of variables, one being age. I had always thought that there was no difference between brand and generic meds, but with personal experiences. I now see that is not the case. It may be a plecebo effect, but even if it's all in one's head, it is still affecting a person so I say monitor things closely and adjust with your doc as needed. Good luck with everything.

Last edited by ms_mod; 07-01-2009 at 05:53 AM. Reason: Please read the posting rules as to why part of your post was removed. Ms_Mod

Closed Thread