It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

• Can Anxiety Speed Up Your Metabolism?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-11-2009, 09:42 PM   #1
    Lindaru
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Lindaru HB User
    Can Anxiety Speed Up Your Metabolism?

Hi, all . . . been away for a while. Had a lot of things going on such as we lost a lot of relatives and friends, and I am dealing with my own getting older in a not so calm way.

My question is, can just being anxious more often than usual cause your metabolism to speed up, make you lose weight that you really do not need to, and increase your heart rate?

While my heart rate has always been around 100 resting at the doctor, this last physical, it was 108. Even though I know nothing bad is going to happen at the doctor, I still tend to fidget and things go up (like blood pressure).

Thanks in advance for any input.

Lindaru

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-02-2009, 05:33 PM   #2
    silvercity09
    (female)

silvercity09 HB Usersilvercity09 HB User
    Re: Can Anxiety Speed Up Your Metabolism?

For me anxiety has cause me many problems...mainly severe GERD like symptoms which has caused me to lose weight...and I really can't afford it. My resting heart rate is about the same as yours....it's anxiety that makes it go up.

Last edited by ms_mod; 07-03-2009 at 07:17 AM. Reason: Removed unnecessary quote. Ms_Mod

Closed Thread