It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

• giving up on buspar

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-06-2009, 08:39 PM   #1
    ritualangst
    (female)

ritualangst HB User
    giving up on buspar

new to these boards but i have found so much support and helpful advice from so many people already so just wanted to say thank you!!!

started on buspar about 2 weeks ago for generalized anxiety going on 6 years- same symptoms- same presentation every time- predictable and never changing and always- ALWAYS negative labs- cat scans- EKG's - MRI's - MRA's etc etc etc but came to the absolute end of my rope and agreed to try some medication- took only 2.5mg once a day for 8 days and was so totally drugged out that i could not function- every day was a blur- work was one minute at a time trying to keep my focus and concentration and i was living on a cloud of being out there and i did not like it- at all!!! decided two days ago that if i lived with the anxiety in the exact same way every day for all those years and nothing was truly medically ever wrong with me that i am now willing and ready to take on the challenge of talking myself down from the attacks and teaching myself new techniques to live a normal life again by not giving in to the panic- today i am hopeful- tommorow?? who knows- just hoping someone else might have a buspar story- thank you

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-13-2009, 10:13 AM   #2
    ger man
    (male)

ger man HB User
    Re: giving up on buspar

I take buspar 10mg for 8 days now. I had the same side effects, was druged out, apathic, more anxoius....in one word, weird!!Wanted to stop therapie as well, but my doctor pushed me to carry on.Now these side effects are gone and i start feeling like i never felt before. Maybe its important to give it some time, i think this is why many people cant benefit of buspar. Its promoted to have less side effects than other drugs, but i dont think this reflects the reality. Maybe the succes of anti-anxiety therapies with buspar would be more pronounced if people would now that there also can be very bad side effects that will fade away with time in most cases!

Last edited by msmod; 10-13-2009 at 11:33 AM. Reason: Removed unnecessary quote. Ms_Mod

Closed Thread