It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Anxiety with pregnancy....

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-19-2009, 05:25 AM   #1
beetlechick
(female)

beetlechick HB User
Anxiety with pregnancy....

My anxiety started 13 years ago. I am now 32 years old. The form of anxiety that I have is a “vertigo/dizziness” feeling. I also feel like I am going to faint although I have never (thank goodness.) It first started when I was off at college and I would feel like I was going to faint and my body was very uneasy. I also would get a lot of headaches. I would feel the vertigo when I would do basic things like go to the grocery store, eat at restaurants, go the mall, or have to sit through a class. I feel better when I am keeping busy and I am not just sitting around. My body also gets these “falling feelings” which all of a sudden I feel like I am falling, but obviously not. They last about a second or so. I went to see many different doctors and they all prescribed me different medications. I have tried all of these throughout my 13 years: Claritin D., Midrin, Maxalt/Mlt., Claritin, Meclazine, Amitripyline, Nadolol, and Lexapro. I have had many diagnoses and some of them I think the doctors just didn’t know what to tell me, so they gave me a general diagnosis. I have also had the following tests: EEG, MRI’s, Blood work, Allergy tests, Eye and Hearing tests, MRI/IAC, thyroid tests, and an ENG test. Finally, in 2006, I had an appointment with a doctor who specializes in vertigo and he prescribed me Topamax and Clonazepam. I felt so much better when I was on those meds. I would still have very little vertigo, but not as much as before. I also got diagnosed with Nystagmus (involuntary eye movements) and BBPV (Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo.) I do exercises at night and they seem to help a bit. I like being on the medicine, it helps me lead a “normal” life, but I can’t be on it when I am pregnant. I would like to try to get pregnant, so I am weaning myself of them. It takes about 2 months to wean off of them and I am scared I will go right back to how I felt before. I am starting to teach again and I am afraid of how I will be in all those meetings and conferences. I wish you could take it while you are pregnant. Thanks for reading this and any advice would be great!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-19-2009, 08:05 PM   #2
friendsville
Senior Veteran
(male)

friendsville HB User
Re: Anxiety with pregnancy....

I know that you will reject me out of hand,but please pray to whomever,that if you cannot take meds during pregnancy....as a last resort.....ADOPT.I had three kids,snd I have to say ,that with my wife deceased,the only true love I now have ,is my Rat Terrier dog, (9 pounds).I love my pet as much as a human being.
Inquire from five or so,of your friends etc. to see if their dog (or cat,etc),are
treated like a family member.Love is where you find it. Luck... Bill

Closed Thread