It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

• Lexapro 10mg to 5htp how to?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-21-2010, 08:26 PM   #1
    knight180
    (male)

knight180 HB User
    Lexapro 10mg to 5htp how to?

I have been on 10mg lexapro for the previous 5 weeks, it hasn't helped much. I'm interested in giving 5htp a go as I have had success in the past.. as I have only been on lexapro for the 5 weeks and have not had significant benefit more side effects than anything (mania, twitching, more depressed) although my panic attacks subsided slightly. Can I just stop cold turkey? My doctor is away until next month and I don't want to carry on with the lexapro if i'm going to experience more serious withdrawal effects later on.

Also how long does it take for lexapro to leave your system? and when can I start taking 5htp?
    Oh and one other thing i been researching is Lithium Orotate can this be taken alongside 5htp/lexapro?

Thanks for any input/advice.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread

Related Topics
    Thread Thread Starter Board Replies Last Post
    Serious Question...Lexapro......... himmylover Anxiety 2 04-21-2010 01:52 PM
    Lexapro Dosage - Moving Up sunshine0806 Depression 4 12-11-2006 09:49 AM
    Need Advise On Effexor Xr And Lexapro beachlady Depression 13 05-09-2006 12:29 AM
    New to board, not to panic. Help deciding which med to take.. Lexapro or Zoloft.... clarissairene Panic Disorders 4 12-15-2005 11:14 AM
    Stopping Lexapro and Starting Wellbutrin XL littlejmb Depression 438 10-29-2005 02:52 PM
    from Cymbalta to Lexapro... question about antidepressants NickName Fibromyalgia 12 05-21-2005 03:08 PM
    Anyone on Lexapro... HELP!! tempa Panic Disorders 3 12-03-2003 01:50 AM
    Celexa/Lexapro Dizziness byrdleg Depression 0 07-06-2003 06:31 PM