It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

• does my boyfriend have anxiety?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-26-2010, 09:01 AM   #1
    godsmackgurl
    (female)

godsmackgurl HB User
    does my boyfriend have anxiety?

for months i always thought he had heart problems. But after getting a number of tests saying his heart is fine..im wondering if his problems are anxiety related. He will have to put and ice pack on his heart and vein on his neck becasue its beating fast if: its too hot in the room, his stomach hurts, he hasnt eatin, eats too much, or has drank alcohol maybe more its seems like everythings a problem. Ive seen him pop up at 4 in the morning shaking sweating needing to put water on his face, hes been to takin to the hospital 4 times because everyone thinks hes having a heart attack. But the docs say his hearts fine. He revelaed to me its stresses him to see a dirty room or full ashtray which i never knew. Also ive seen the shaking and heart problems from loosing a card game. Is this anxiety?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-26-2010, 04:28 PM   #2
    confusd
    (female)

confusd HB User
    Re: does my boyfriend have anxiety?

I'm not a doctor and don't know his history, but it seems that way, yes. If the doctors have done all the necessary tests involved for the heart, and all the tests come back normal, then it's very likely that it is just anxiety.

Often, if a physical symptom of another problem is present (say for instance, his stomach hurts), then that can cause a panic attack, which brings on other symptoms - like overheating, chest pain, dizziness, and a racing heart... Which in turn, makes one feel that something is wrong with their heart.

I've experienced this myself before too, when I first had a panic attack as a child, I was taken to hospital because I couldn't breathe, I was anxious and my heart was racing. All tests came back normal, and it is now that I'm older and have experienced it again that I realise it was actually a panic attack.

Hope he feels better soon!

Closed Thread