It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

• HELP! Terrified of aging and death!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-08-2010, 06:00 AM   #1
    tulum
    (female)

tulum HB Usertulum HB User
    HELP! Terrified of aging and death!

I cannot get over this fear no matter what I do. I am terrified of getting older and of dying.

I keep thinking it is going to happen any second now.

life seems pointless, meaningless. i am all alone except for my amazing kids but i have shared custody and I go crazy when they are not around.

If I am healthy until the age of 80-90 or something I don't want to be thinking, obsessing, fearing death all my life like this. But I don't know what to do.

Besides my kids, I have no life-no friends, no job, nothing. I applied everywhere but no one is hiring, I try to make friends but no one wants to

I have no interest in anything. I just want my old life back as tough as it was with my abusive ex. At least I had a life and people around and things to do...

I don't think I will ever get better.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-08-2010, 09:19 AM   #2
    PAUSA
    (female)

PAUSA HB User
    Re: HELP! Terrified of aging and death!

Hi, try to hang in there... I know it's hard. I have a constant fear of death and dying. It's beyond scary because I think that every little thing I feel that doesn't seem "normal" means I'm going to die. This morning it's pretty bad. I don't even feel anxious, I just don't feel right and it's scaring me a lot. I wish I knew what to tell you, but the only thing I can say is that there isn't much sense worrying about it. It's going to happen when it's going to happen no matter how much you fight it. I have a hard time accepting that also, but I'm trying to do it more now. Good luck and take care.

Old 02-09-2010, 06:16 AM   #3
    Twood86
    (male)

Twood86 HB User
    Re: HELP! Terrified of aging and death!

I developed this same fear back in September. I was thinking about it all day starting as soon as I woke up in the morning. I was sick to my stomach and couldn't even enjoy my morning coffee. And I'm only 23. I have had some level of anxiety for years but never anything that bad. After I realized it wasn't gonna go away I finally went to see a doctor and got put on anxiety meds. It's made it easier for me to think about other things and get the death thoughts out of my mind. Keeping busy also helps, which is why I've been afraid to take anytime off of work.

Also somethings that helped me was to stop watching the news. Too much talk about people dieing. I tried to watch happier/funny things on tv whenever I got those unwanted thoughts.

Closed Thread