It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

• another benzo withdrawal question

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-11-2010, 12:30 AM   #1
    redness
    (male)

redness HB User
    another benzo withdrawal question

I am still stuck tapering off diazepam. I seem to be fairly comfortable sitting at 2mg, but get stuck when I go below this. I had been at 1.5 mg for around 3 weeks, then I went down to 1mg for the last couple of weeks. This is where things always seem to go wrong.

I get really bad anxiety in the morning, which was fairly settled. Now I am back to waking up at 5 am, really tense, often sweating, tingling over the front of my body, and sometimes trembling. I cannot get back to sleep, and am exhausted throughout the day, so bad that I can hardly function. Sometimes I also have a headache, which I have today.

Is this withdrawl symptoms? It gets so bad that I usually up the dose again. Has anyone got any advice. I would have thought this was a pretty slow taper, so not sure where I am going wrong. Any advice greatly appreciated.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-15-2010, 11:51 AM   #2
    goingcrazy8
    (male)

goingcrazy8 HB User
    Re: another benzo withdrawal question

I had brutal anxiety when I tapered off of Xanax. When I say brutal, I was house bound. You might try taking an SSRI for a few weeks and try switching that way. I'm on Lexapro and it has worked well.

Old 03-16-2010, 12:14 PM   #3
    redness
    (male)

redness HB User

I am on an SSRI, fluoxetine, from which I have felt no benefit. How long did your anxiety go on for after you stopped taking the Xanax?

Old 03-17-2010, 09:35 AM   #4
    goingcrazy8
    (male)

goingcrazy8 HB User

About 2 months. It was the worst anxiety I ever had in my life. I got stuck at the same place. < 1 mg and it was terrible. I can't honestly understand why they perscribe these drugs. I didn't even feel human. Don't be so certain that your SSRI isn't working and isn't being overshadowed by the Benzo. For me, I thought the same thing until after the benzo withdrawl wore off. I used to get withdrawl inbetween doses of Xanax, which I passed off as anxiety. So they would increase my dose and it would work for a couple of weeks and then id end up in the same boat again.

Closed Thread