It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

• Could this be anxiety related?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-20-2010, 02:08 PM   #1
    Flyerfan
    (female)

Flyerfan HB User
    Could this be anxiety related?

First and foremost...I'm a worrier, BIG time. I wouldn't be on this forum if I wasn't. I'm 41, female, non-smoker, non-drinker, average weight and have a pretty good diet. I take only one prescription med and that is for Gerd. I can think myself sick and in the past I've experienced muscular problems along with the usual digestive issues because of this. I've had a "nervous stomach" since I was little. I was diagnosed with Gerd about 10 years ago even though I did not have heartburn and was put on Aciphex. Had the doctor informed me about these drugs at that time and had me try diet & lifestyle changes instead....well, that is a whole other story that angers me and I don't want to get into. I just have to give this background because it is related to my problem.

Long story short, I wanted to get off these meds and try it the natural way. However, in January I went about it the wrong way and went cold turkey. I knew I would have what they call acid rebound and it was bearable but I was afraid I was causing more harm. I didn't inform my doctor I was doing it and I should have. I went back on meds...but had to try a different one first (healthcare plan's request) but went back to Aciphex.

Anyway, that is when my worrying went into overdrive. Every waking moment....and I mean EVERY waking moment I thought about my reflux. And thought about it, and thought about it. I still do.

However, now I have this other thing going on that I don't think is related. Since the beginning of the year I tried to sleep on a bed wedge as a preventative measure; I really had no nightime reflux at all. About a week or two after that I started having this weird sensation in my upper abdomen, kind of in the middle but to the left of my navel at times. It's not intra-abdominal like inside my stomach or intestinal related. It's not gas and not related to what I eat or anything like that. It's almost like it's right under the skin at times, like a burning sensation at times. Other times it feels muscular. Some days it bothers me most of the day and others I can go hours without anything. It doesn't bother me at night...I sleep fine. As a matter of fact, I thought it was related to the wedge because the wedge kind of cut me off at my waist and I thought I strained my abdominal muscle. So I have been sleeping flat for the past two nights. I don't know if this is because I'm constantly thinking about my health or what. I am due to see my doctor in a little over a week but how in the world can I explain this to him? Last time I went in complaining of something like this, they gave me muscle relaxers and I ended up having an allergic reaction! Yes, something similar to this has happened to me in the past and just like that, went away. And it was abdominal related. Uggh! I just can't stop thinking. Has anyone had similar muscular problems due to anxiety?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread