It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

• All the physical symptoms of anxiety without mentally or emotionally feeling anxious?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-01-2010, 07:32 PM   #1
    Flipingout
    (male)

Flipingout HB User
    Question All the physical symptoms of anxiety without mentally or emotionally feeling anxious?

For abou the past four years I have been experiencing symptoms that every doctor I have gone to has descibed as "probably anxiety" after ruling everything else out. On a daily basis I deal with mood swings, lightheadedness, chest pain, sweating palms, mining sickness, brain fog, etc. Despite these symptoms I don't really ever feel like I'm worrying about anything in particular. They seem to come and go with or without stress and wax and wane throughout the day. I have been prescribed different SSRIs which have never helped, welbutrin which did nothing, and Xanax and klonopins which seem to ease the symptoms but I refuse to use regularly due to the addictiveness.

Does anyone experience anxiety symptoms without having any known emotional or mental trigger? Is that normal?

PS I have gone to therapist as well to try CBT approach but this also tends to go nowhere with the physical symptoms (yet does make me feel better about daily stresses etc)

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-01-2010, 08:32 PM   #2
    Leo123
    Veteran
    (male)

Leo123 HB UserLeo123 HB User
    Re: All the physical symptoms of anxiety without mentally or emotionally feeling anxi

Yes I know exactly what you mean.

I get the same symptoms as you, but just like you I couldn't really say at the time of those symptoms that I'm especially worried about anything in particular or feel any sort of anxiety.

I could be relaxing on my couch totally feeling ok and relaxed and all of sudden a sharp pain out of nowhere or a major heart palp, etc..

So yes definitely I can relate to that!

Leo

Old 10-01-2010, 11:58 PM   #3
    garrett24
    (male)

garrett24 HB User
    Re: All the physical symptoms of anxiety without mentally or emotionally feeling anxi

You're describing my situation to a tee. I've also experienced horrible symptoms of anxiety for 4 years with absolutely no sense of anxiousness whatsoever. No drugs have worked for me whatsoever and I'm starting to doubt whether it's anxiety at all. I mean if it was truly anxiety, wouldn't ANY of the anti-anxiety meds helped me even the slightest? Xanax doesn't even help it and that helps everyone.

Old 10-07-2010, 03:36 PM   #4
    jma1024
    (male)

jma1024 HB User

omg i know and can relate i will be just driving or just get up to get something or just sitting watching some tv and will get heart palps shooting pain in my chest area sometimes shortness of breath my doctor tells me im fine but i dont get how anxiety can make me feel physical pain when mentally im not even feeling anxious or worried. ive tried meds but had bad side affects really bad upset stomach aches real dizzy my doc said its normal but after 2 weeks i still had the same problems when taking the meds so i decided to go without taking meds.

Old 10-07-2010, 04:47 PM   #5
    Bball92
    (male)

Bball92 HB User

You have an emotional trigger. You may have not found it yet.

Old 10-07-2010, 07:36 PM   #6
    Jamison513
    (male)

Jamison513 HB User

This sounds a lot like "panic disorder" you can get all these symptom out of no where ..I had panic attacks before but one day I had heart palps and chest pain and dizzyness with tingling in my left arm and I thought "wow I'm having a heart attack when (according to the docs) was a panic attack..or gerd..I had a hard time believing that GERD or indegestion could cause all these. I went to the ER twice and had ekgs blood test and chest xrays both times I was fine blood pressure was never high either..Hope you start to feel better I know it's scary and stressful but your bot alone and Boone Has ever died from anxiety

Old 10-14-2010, 10:53 AM   #7
    Lily2005
    (female)

Lily2005 HB User

Have you had your thyroid checked out? I had the same feelings and was diagnosed with overactive thyroid. Another medicine you might try are beta-blockers. They can block the unpleasant physical symptoms that you're having and aren't addictive.

Last edited by Lily2005; 10-14-2010 at 10:54 AM.

Closed Thread