It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

• Anxiety Attacks Gone, Symptoms remain

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-14-2011, 11:54 AM   #1
    losing
    (male)

losing HB User
    Anxiety Attacks Gone, Symptoms remain

I've been suffering Anxiety pretty bad now for a few years(The worst being 2 years ago when I was housebound with agoraphobia) and for the most part I believe I have it under control. I might have a full blown anxiety attack about once a month, but otherwise no attacks. My question is to other anxiety sufferers is I still have daily almost constant lingering symptoms that come and go in intensity. Mostly constant chest, back, neck and groin pain. Additionally occasional lightheadedness and strange head and body sensations. I constantly feel tense as if Im waiting to get hit or something. I'll just be going about my day with mild almost non existent symptoms, when they will intensify for an hour and then they go back down. Is this still anxiety? Anyone else able to beat anxiety attacks naturally and still have lingering symptoms on an almost consistent basis?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-15-2011, 09:25 AM   #2
    sealear
    (female)

sealear HB User
    Unhappy Re: Anxiety Attacks Gone, Symptoms remain

Hi, I was diagnosed with GAD last year and am still trying to learn about it. I was told it was chronic....so this means to me that it is pretty much with me regardless if I am having any worrying issues. Does that make sense to you? I am going for a physical this Tuesday....I am scared to death.....as I usually am when I have to go to the doctor....always afraid he will find something wrong. I have printed things off that I want to discuss with him....and one of them is your question. When I was diagnosed by a psychiatrist (I think that's what he was)....he told me I had GAD....when my other 3 doctors heard this they all agreed with him immediately. But NONE of them told me what to expect...didn't tell me any symptoms...nothing.

Another reason I scheduled this physical is that I have been having moderate pain in my legs....mostly calves. It started in September....I went to the er to rule out blood clots, doctor told me I most certainly do not have PAD and then he told me to stretch more. Well, of course, now I'm afraid I have MS although I don't have any other symptoms. It probably is from GAD.....which having sore muscles is a symptom.....but like you, I am wondering, if I'm not necessarily worrying about anything....does something like sore muscles just "pop up" out of no where? Not sure if I made myself clear....I guess I needed to vent. Thank you for listening.

Old 01-15-2011, 09:37 AM   #3
    losing
    (male)

losing HB User
    Re: Anxiety Attacks Gone, Symptoms remain

Thank you for responding. It's good you are going prepared with questions. Tension and muscle pain is probably one of my two worst symptoms. That and lightheadedness. The soreness ranges from my feet to my head and will move around every month or two. Your soreness sounds like what I get. GAD is an awful ailment, because it can cause such a wide range of symptoms. Good luck in your search for a remedy.

Closed Thread