It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

• Lexapro & leg aches

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-04-2011, 01:57 PM   #1
    reallylovesdogs
    (female)

reallylovesdogs HB Userreallylovesdogs HB Userreallylovesdogs HB User
    Post Lexapro & leg aches

Hi all, new to this board. I am an seasoned veteran of anxiety (I have GAD) and was on Paxil for 13 years or so. It was fabulous, gave me my life back. Over the course of the years I had to raise my dose gradually until finally at 60 mg I had to admit it was pooping out on me. I have had a very stressful couple years and it wasn't cutting it anymore. So I did a gradual taper of Paxil and once down to 10 mg, added Lexapro at 10 mg. I took both for 2 weeks or so and then dropped the Paxil. (I was proud to get off Paxil without much trouble!)

I have had very few side effects starting lexapro, nothing like when I started paxil all those years ago. But, at around the 2 week mark, I started getting some leg aches & pains and some restless legs at night. It's not horrible, just bothersome at this point. I'm wondering if any of you have had leg aches on Lexapro? My other idea is it is possible withdrawal side effects from being off the Paxil? I'm approaching 3 weeks on Lexapro & am starting to feel it working a little bit so I don't want to give up if possible.

That all being said, if anyone else wants to pick my brain about Paxil or GAD, I'd be happy to share. I started therapy for the first time this year and it is FABULOUS. That would be my #1 recommendation for anyone with anxiety. I was so scared to do it before, but now am kicking myself I didn't do it sooner.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-04-2011, 03:37 PM   #2
    miche31
    Veteran
    (female)

miche31 HB Usermiche31 HB Usermiche31 HB User
    Re: Lexapro & leg aches

Thanks for responding to me in my other post. I did hear that when switching form one med to another is much easier than starting a new med alone. maybe that's helped the side effects. Either way, your lucky! I"m trying hard to stay strong and hang in there with this. Do you ever feel just "zoned" out? I'm just out of it the last two days. And super super tired, but I'm not getting any good sleep anyways, especially when I get up at 5am everyday in a state of anxiety.
    The restless legs, I have BAD BAD! I'm tired, and my legs will be running in place in bed. It's just one of the many side effects I have.
    I am glad that your feeling some relief, I'm praying that I will too. I took a 10mg last night, and no worse side effects thank God. Just tired, but, I ended up in the ER last night, I was getting hay yesterday and fell and hit my head on my fuel tank and was seeing double. My son had to drive me to the ER, had a cat scan. Got a concussion. So in addition to all my freaking anxiety, I had this concussion I"m trying to heal. It's so weird, tho, in that moment when I fell, it all happened in slow motion in my mind, and I kept thinking, this can't be it, I've wasted all this time being anxious instead of being with my son and enjoying life, and I'm not ready. I thought for sure that if I survived at the ER, that my anxiety would have lessened.

Take care,
    Michelle

Old 09-04-2011, 07:14 PM   #3
    reallylovesdogs
    (female)

reallylovesdogs HB Userreallylovesdogs HB Userreallylovesdogs HB User
    Re: Lexapro & leg aches

I don't feel zoned out really, sometimes slightly light-headed. How awful about your concussion! You have a lot on your plate, feel better! Do you try keeping food on your nightstand? I have heard that low blood sugar can make morning anxiety worse. When mine is bad I try to keep a peanut butter granola bar on my nightstand to eat the second I get up so at least I get my blood sugar regulated.

Closed Thread