It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

• help.. going from 10->20mg of Citalopram (Celexa/Lexapro)

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-13-2011, 09:28 AM   #1
    uk_worried_guy
    (male)

uk_worried_guy HB User
    help.. going from 10->20mg of Citalopram (Celexa/Lexapro)

Dear All,

So I'm now 4-5wks into Citalopram 10mg. The initial (horrid) side-effects wore off, although I still feel a bit tired and a little "numb"... I do (though) feel a lot more 'evened out' than I was before. I went for a review appointment with my doctor a couple of days ago who I suggested I give it one more week and then go upto the 'recommended' dose of 20mg. The doctor suggested that it would make me feel a lot better- and would also help me feel more energetic, and sharper again (I've been feeling like my IQ has been chopped).

I was wondering if anyone here had experience of going from 10->20mg. Am I likely to get another dose of side-effects? do you think it could help me feel better?

thank you for your support in advance..

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-13-2011, 04:29 PM   #2
    Foxxii
    (female)

Foxxii HB UserFoxxii HB UserFoxxii HB UserFoxxii HB UserFoxxii HB UserFoxxii HB UserFoxxii HB UserFoxxii HB User
    Re: help.. going from 10->20mg of Citalopram (Celexa/Lexapro)

UK, I have no experience with Celexa/Lexapro, but I do have experience with Zoloft. I just increased my dosage from 75 mgs to 100 mgs last night, and to be honest, the only thing I ever experienced with dosage increase is a bit of jitters, and a slight rise in anxiety, but it only lasted a few days and was gone. Hope this helps you some...((hugs)) Fox

Closed Thread