It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

• Panic attack and anxiety ever since

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-08-2012, 06:43 AM   #1
    d0ink
    (male)

d0ink HB Userd0ink HB Userd0ink HB Userd0ink HB Userd0ink HB Userd0ink HB Userd0ink HB User
    Question Panic attack and anxiety ever since

I wonder which of you registered here has had a panic attack of some severity and ever since is worrying about symptoms he feels and that it might happen to him/her again?

I know that it causes a constant worry and without facing fear itself it can not be overcome. Probably most of us take/took medication at some point, but that only prevents us from feeling certain things and thinking certain thoughts, but it doesn't relieve the underlying problem.

Just wanted to ask who is dealing with similar difficulties.

The following user gives a hug of support to d0ink:
    BelleoftheSouth (03-08-2012)
    Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-08-2012, 12:40 PM   #2
    BelleoftheSouth
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

BelleoftheSouth HB UserBelleoftheSouth HB UserBelleoftheSouth HB UserBelleoftheSouth HB UserBelleoftheSouth HB UserBelleoftheSouth HB UserBelleoftheSouth HB User
    Re: Panic attack and anxiety ever since

That would be me. When I had my first panic attack in a car I haven't been the same.

It took me years before I could drive out of my driveway and I still won't drive on highways unless I can't find a back road.

I went to hypnoists and tried bio-feedback and accupuncture and therapy and now I take pills and still am afraid that I'm going to have another panic attack while on the highway.

I drive as little as possible because I'm afraid I might lose control of my car while having a panic attack AND because of fibro which causes forgetfulness...I don't want to be driving 80mph and all of a sudden forget how to drive.

~Belle~

Old 03-08-2012, 01:23 PM   #3
    boobootwo
    (female)

boobootwo HB Userboobootwo HB Userboobootwo HB Userboobootwo HB Userboobootwo HB Userboobootwo HB Userboobootwo HB Userboobootwo HB User

hi DOink. i'm sure there are posts here on panic disorder. i've chatted with quite a few people already. why not search for the posts and and read them. maybe they will help.

Old 03-08-2012, 08:47 PM   #4
    aliciazombie
    (female)

aliciazombie HB User

That was me for sure. I had a panic attack at my old job and everytime I tried to go back to work I would physically get sick, so I had to quit. I'm always worried I will have a panic attack where I'm somewhere new or places that are obligatory to go to, but I try to suck it up. Everytime you give up, anxiety wins.

Old 03-08-2012, 09:17 PM   #5
    d0ink
    (male)

d0ink HB Userd0ink HB Userd0ink HB Userd0ink HB Userd0ink HB Userd0ink HB Userd0ink HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by boobootwo View Post
    hi DOink. i'm sure there are posts here on panic disorder. i've chatted with quite a few people already. why not search for the posts and and read them. maybe they will help.
    I am certain that there are, however I just wanted to know how many of us have the exact same issue and how they have progressed ever since. I somehow had the feeling that for most of us it started with a panic attack.

Old 03-08-2012, 10:26 PM   #6
    boobootwo
    (female)

boobootwo HB Userboobootwo HB Userboobootwo HB Userboobootwo HB Userboobootwo HB Userboobootwo HB Userboobootwo HB Userboobootwo HB User

panic can start from a traumatic experience, too much stress and a host of other reasons. i personally know all kinds of people that have them and some forget about the attack and go on...others....usually the over analytical ones, tend to dwell on it and continue to think there will be more. so you can make yourself sick with anticipation of having another one....or....you can tell yourself, maybe it was just a bad situation and next time i'll know better how to deal with it without getting anxious. i think the scary part is that you feel you have no control over the attacks, but you do. you can choose to not let it run your life and choose to be happy instead of a worry wort.

Old 03-15-2012, 01:23 PM   #7
    BelleoftheSouth
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

BelleoftheSouth HB UserBelleoftheSouth HB UserBelleoftheSouth HB UserBelleoftheSouth HB UserBelleoftheSouth HB UserBelleoftheSouth HB UserBelleoftheSouth HB User

The one thing I learned about anxiety is that it actually begins the moment you think you have to do the very thing that causes panic.

For instance I have a doctors appointment next Thursday and although I don't realize it I started a slow panic until next Thursday then I go into full blown panic mode..the instant I got my appointment card and saw the date I started the anxiety of what if..

One lady said if she starts panicking in her car she pulls to the side and tells the panic to come on and get it over with..then she feels silly and goes on her merry way.

~Belle~

I realize it now.

Old 03-15-2012, 04:39 PM   #8
    boobootwo
    (female)

in total answer to your question...how many of us have the same issue....we all do. that's why i was trying to explain to you that if you let it take you over and continue to anticipate, you will continue to have them. if you just tell yourself...okay...i was just stressed or maybe that was just a sign for me to take it easy....then maybe you won't worry if you're going to have another one or not. what's that old expression...don't worry...be happy?

Closed Thread