It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

• Symptoms of Anxiety

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-15-2012, 11:32 PM   #1
    Wobbles08
    (female)

Wobbles08 HB User
    Symptoms of Anxiety

Hi all, I notice a number of people on this site are asking questions about whether the symptoms they have can be attributed to anxiety. I thought it might be a good idea to put a list together as everyone is different and they don't write about all of them. Please feel free to add to the list, here's mine:

Panic attacks
    Hot flushes
    Loss of energy, once I couldn't eat my dinner because I couldn't raise my spoon
    Any ache or pain triggers fear of deadly disease, eg: cancer, heart attack
    Misinterpretation of conversations: people always think I'm an idiot. I really though my boss hated me.
    Racing thoughts, a bombardment of many thoughts at once
    Heart racing and beating so hard I think it will come out of my chest
    Can't breathe
    Constantly worrying about what people think of me
    Crowd phobia
    Fear of enclosed spaces
    Fear of walking my dogs in case they get attacked
    Fear of riding in a car, I clutch the seatbelt for dear life and scream
    Fear of going down stairs, my legs wobble uncontrollably

Please add more!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-16-2012, 08:52 AM   #2
    Kaji
    Veteran
    (female)

Kaji HB UserKaji HB UserKaji HB UserKaji HB UserKaji HB UserKaji HB UserKaji HB UserKaji HB UserKaji HB User
    Re: Symptoms of Anxiety

- Tight chest, shortness of breath, convulsive swallowing/hiccupping
    - Fear of choking
    - Total sense of impending doom for no rational reason (not all the time, just during attacks)
    - Nocturnal panic attacks. I'd wake up gasping for breath at random intervals. At my worst I was terrified to go to sleep because I didn't think I'd wake up again.
    - Major claustrophobia
    - Phobias in general. Phobias run in my family - everyone has at least one, but I've got a whole collection. Something in my brain is wired so that one bad experience becomes a total phobia for a long time.
    - Fear of 'authority' and rejection
    - Terrified of 'food allergies'. I didn't eat peanuts for a decade because they weren't safe. Ditto seafood. I still won't eat most tropical fruit.
    - Nervous stomach. Before any stressful situation I spend a lot of time in the restroom.
    - Extreme fatigue/exhaustion during attacks
    - Strong sense of unreality

Old 05-16-2012, 10:56 PM   #3
    Avaleen G
    (female)

Avaleen G HB UserAvaleen G HB UserAvaleen G HB User

For a while I'd feel the Common Symptoms during panic attacks like sweating, shaking, dry mouth, heart beating fast, impending doom.. but now I feel some odd symptoms throughout the day like bubbles in my legs and chest as if you had a glass of water with a straw inserted blowing bubbles... and i haven't experienced a panic attack recently so its worrying me and feels very uncomfortable.. I've had lots of tests done and have even gone to a cardiologist and everything seems to be ok.. but i feel the doctors aren't taking my symptoms seriously because of anxiety.

Old 05-30-2012, 09:47 PM   #4
    Anxiousgrl35
    (female)

Anxiousgrl35 HB UserAnxiousgrl35 HB UserAnxiousgrl35 HB UserAnxiousgrl35 HB User

Newest one....tight throat, lump feeling constantly
    Lightheaded
    feeling like im going to pass out when i walk or stand
    shaking legs
    fast heart rate
    head pressure
    flushed all over
    A feeling all of a sudden where i think my heart is going to just stop, or it feels weak
    totally aware of EVERY body sensation
    Feeling of doom, and disease
    Hypocondriac
    scared to drive
    nervous in public
    Actually dread taking baths, even though i love them! (I used to have panic attacks during
    HOT FLASHES! Hate that, sometimes followed by heart skip or stop feeling...
    Heavy, slow pounding heart

Thats about it....but i find. it weird, i feel so much better at night, my worst time is afternoon I have no problems sleeping at all, i love my sleep and feel soooo normal when sleeping. Used to snap awake....scared, but havent in ages.
    Oh, i just feel so uncomfortable standing and walking. When i went to ER i said "I am SO weak i cant walk, and i feel like im being strangled!!" They looked at me like i was a nut and they made me walk on my own and ummmm yeah.... i can walk, just very uncomfortable when im panicking of course.

Closed Thread