It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

• Too scared to take my meds :(

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-22-2012, 07:29 PM   #1
    Drivemysoul
    (male)

Drivemysoul HB User
    Too scared to take my meds :(

Alright, so I started having anxiety back in November (after an initial VERY BAD panic attack).

I've just had the typical anxiety symptoms along with 2 additional milder panic attacks, basically ruins your life ya know?
    It sucks everyday.

Started seeing a psych.
    He suggested I get myself on some meds.

Well, went today and got some meds.

I was perscribed Clonazepam 0.5MG and Prozac (Fluoxetine) 20MG.

I'm too terrified to take either of them, I'm afraid of being out of my concious state of mind, kind of like how I'm afraid to go to sleep.

Anyone have any advice?
    I've tried to (almost) take them, but end up flipping a ****.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-22-2012, 09:07 PM   #2
    AlexandraS
    (female)

AlexandraS HB UserAlexandraS HB UserAlexandraS HB User
    Re: Too scared to take my meds :(

Clonazepam 0.5MG and Prozac (Fluoxetine) 20MG.

The clonazepam is very good to take when your having an attack I just recently started taking mine and they work wonders and last quit sometime . I was also giving celexa the generic brand but refuse to take them cause I'm also afraid of the side effects and reaction my body will give..
    So good luck

Last edited by AlexandraS; 05-22-2012 at 09:07 PM.

Old 05-23-2012, 03:10 PM   #3
    Sabeier
    (male)

Sabeier HB User

Have had problems with anxiety, depression, etc. for a long time. The only thing I have found to really help my symptoms without any side effects has been Amoryn and Seredyn. Do your own research, though, these natural meds have really helped me live a normal life over the last couple of years.

Before finding these natural meds online, I could barely force myself to drive to work every day, and then was in constant fear of having an attack while at work or while driving. These taken together every day have really helped me. I can now do everything I always wanted to do, and have even done a lot more than I ever thought I would want to do.

I cannot say enough about these meds. They have done wonders for my anxiety and depression, just make sure you take them every day, even if your feeling great, because, when you feel good, you think you don't need them or forget to take them, and then a few days or weeks later, your back to square one again.

Old 05-28-2012, 12:45 PM   #4
    tokinouta
    (female)

tokinouta HB Usertokinouta HB Usertokinouta HB User

My husband always laughs at me when I say I'm going to try some meds. He knows I'll probably be too afraid to take it. On the occasion I have I felt better but getting it down the old hatch gives me a panic attack. lol
    I totally understand. hugs

Old 05-30-2012, 10:27 AM   #5
    cansher
    (female)

cansher HB User

I understand how you feel! My sister has extreme anxiety (as does my father and now, lucky me!) Yesterday I was prescribed the Clonazapam and was too afraid to take it as well but I forced myself to start with half a dose this morning (as per the doctors instructions) so we'll see where we go from here...
    They are very right when they say having anxiety is like being thrown into a vicious whirlpool. You panic-- you feel something is wrong-- you dont believe it could be your brain making you react this way-- you get a prescription-- your too afraid to take the prescription in case it ISNT just your brain making you react-- you worry more that theres something wrong-- you have another anxiety attack-- and round and round you go.
    I have watched THREE people very close to me go around and around and even DESPITE that, my head keeps telling me "well they had anxiety. i do not. Im going to die. theres something seriously wrong with me that they just havent figured out". After two ECG's and two sets of blood tests Im starting to accept that it IS anxiety. I just want it to be anxiety because they CAN medicate you back to normal for this! Start thinking POSITIVELY about your anxiety! Convince yourself, this is what you have and taking the pills will help fix it. I've also taken to writing down what Im taking, and at what time just in case something happens. LOL. It helps... Good luck!!!

Old 05-30-2012, 07:21 PM   #6
    wordgirl07
    (female)

wordgirl07 HB User
    Re: Too scared to take my meds :

I had been a chronic sufferer of anxiety for many years. I had panic attacks as a teen and bouts for many years after. My doctor prescribed 75 mg.of Zoloft and after 4 weeks on this med. I was a new person! Trust me, the side effects go away and the benefit of SSRI's can be life changing! My son was given Lexapro for anxiety and he is no longer paralyzed with fear. Please give it a shot...I think you will be glad you did!

Old 06-05-2012, 05:56 PM   #7
    SCS2011
    (female)

SCS2011 HB User

I always felt the same way...until one night a couple months ago my panic was soooo bad I ended up in the ER where they MADE me basically take Ativan (a mild xanas, similar to what you have). I definitely felt better. I'm not scared to take it anymore when I really need to. It just makes me feel NORMAL in a small dose...not high or cloudy or anything...just normal. Which is nice. I was terrified to re-start an antidepressant too....I just started the generic Lexapro. I've been on Lexapro before, but never the generic. The side effects so far aren't intolerable....but they are a little scary and I freak myself out and up my own anxiety about them I think. Ativan helps with that too. Hopefully the anti-deps start doing their job in a couple weeks and I won't have need for ativan really at all then.

Hope that's somewhat helpful! You're not alone!

Closed Thread

Tags
    anxiety, clonazepam, prozac