It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

• Tired of being plagued by fear.

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-06-2012, 11:27 AM   #1
    maysj18
    (female)

maysj18 HB User
    Tired of being plagued by fear.

Hi everyone,

My name is Jessica and for 4 years I have been having panic attacks. I'm 21, academically successful, athletic, with a great group of friends and family. I had my first attack at 17 when I was at my dads in Florida. He left town for a week for his honeymoon and I was staying with his side of the family. One night at dinner I started crying, felt like I had been drugged, and went to the car with my brother where I hardly remember talking to him. I went to the Mayo Clinic because I thought I had a seizure, but they just gave me some Ativan and sent me away. This attack lasted for days and days. I was scared, but I got over it by relaxing on the beach, taking my medicine, and talking with my brother. <edit>. Well, I was already on 30 mg of Paxil for depression so I bounced back relatively quickly (compared to now), but when my psychiatrist felt the Paxil was making me manic and "flirty", so he switched me to Prozac then Lexapro although none of them worked. I was perfectly fine by that point, so it didn't bother me that the medicine didn't give me that hype that Paxil did.

I went 2 years without another episode. On Oct. 2010, I had an attack on a plane when I was flying to see my boyfriend at his college. It was so bad, I had to return home 3 days earlier than expected. Not only was I not on medication (I had pretty much stopped taking anything since I felt fine), but my doctor wouldn't prescribe any sort of benzo without an appointment. So I make it home and immediately go see my psychiatrist who prescribed me Paxil again, which did NOT work this time. I was also on Remeron for sleep because I was unable to sleep or eat (lost a good 10 or so lbs). It made me too tired and so after tons of trial and error I am finally on 75 mg of Zoloft and 15 of Buspar. My question is, how much should I rely on medicine? Weird question, but I have just been suffering again from obsessive thoughts after being okay for a few months. Does that mean the medicine isn't working? Or do I need to rely more on myself? Not sure if that makes sense.

My biggest anxiety is disease/dying. If I hear about a disease, I Google it and immediately feel that I have those symptoms. After mono, I developed chronically swollen lymph nodes. I was checked for Lupus, had a biopsy to check for cancer, tons of blood work, etc. After my first panic attack I also had a full neurological work up, saw an endocrinologost, oncologist, etc. etc. I never had any negative reports, but I am absolutely terrified of cancer. I got hooked on melanoma a few months ago, went to the dermatologist and had hom biopsy tons of moles. All came back benign. Now I'm worried about ovarian cancer. I have had IBS since 7th grade. My stomach would bloat like I was pregnant, but that subsided in 11th grade. I still have tummy troubles sometimes, but after reading about ovarian cancer I am petrified. I even had a pelvic ultrasound done when all the pain was happening but it showed nothing. That should rule out cancer, right? Also, wouldnt cancer symptoms get worse rather than better? I know I'm rambling, but i would just like some reassurance. I have an appointment with my gp in two weeks and I'm just going to bite the bullet and ask for a scan of the abdomen/pelvis just to give me some peace of mind. Do you think it's a good idea?

Last edited by msmod; 06-06-2012 at 01:55 PM. Reason: Removed posting rules violation. Ms_Mod

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-06-2012, 11:37 PM   #2
    tom18
    (male)

tom18 HB User
    Re: Tired of being plagued by fear.

Hey I hope everything is going alright for you at this very moment.
    I have gone through and still going through what you have discussed. I have the weirdest symptoms which i reckon are from anxiety but i have no idea. I was also given a benzodiazepam. I was given diazepam. My gp thought i had anxiety, and i developed this anxiety from googling my symptoms and it's just getting worse and worse. I have an appoinment with a neurologist soon because i think I have a neurlogical disorder, and i feel like one day i'll be bedridden. Lately i have stayed away from googling my symptoms and i have felt a little better. You mention you have a great bunch of friends, you should hang out with them more That way you won't be looking up different types of diseases.
    I hope you get better!

Old 06-07-2012, 09:31 PM   #3
    easygoingguy
    (male)

easygoingguy HB Usereasygoingguy HB Usereasygoingguy HB Usereasygoingguy HB Usereasygoingguy HB Usereasygoingguy HB User
    Re: Tired of being plagued by fear.

maysj18, "I am absolutely terrified of cancer..."

Almost everyone worries about cancer, but here's something that helps me a lot- I've learned a lot about how superior nutrition helps prevent disease, including cancer. I'll give you a few tips I've learned. Certain foods and spices are POWERFUL against cancer- they PREVENT it, and they might even STOP it if there is any.

In rat tests it was found that a compound in many fruits and veggies called ellagic acid actually prevents cancer cells, and even KILLS those in progress! Research is ongoing if it does the same in humans, but I'm not waiting to find out. I'm eating a lot of friuit and veggies.

In the tests it was found that berries have very high levels of ellagic acid. But then it was found that black raspberries had the MOST ellagic acid. What was found next was amazing- black raspberries not only slow the growth of pre-malignant cancerous cells, they actually cause those cancer cells to die (in rat tests)!

So eat a lot of berries and it might prevent cancer. But also there are many spices that are known to fight cancer and disease. Ginger is POWERFUL against cancer! Ginger has been found in many studies to prevent and STOP several types of cancer cells, including even some very aggressive cancers that are difficult to treat, such as : ovarian, lung, colon, skin, breast, prostate, and pancreatic.

But ginger does even more- it's a POWERFUL disease PREVENTER! Ginger spice is amazing- it also:

-a powerful anti-inflammatory
    -a powerful antifungal (even when meds don't work, it does)
    -powerful anti-toxin (alleviates toxicity)
    -powerful antibiotic
    -helps prevent diabetes
    -prevents intestinal ulcers
    -as effective treating menstrual pain as ibuprofen
    -alleviates radiation poisoning (when taken before)
    -alleviates pain from arthritis
    -alleviates nausea from motion sickness
    -prevents toxic death in children suffering from bacterial diarrhea (the ginger soaks up the toxins!)
    -helps treat pneumonia
    -reduces damage from brain stroke

Amazing what ginger can do! But one caution- it's so powerful that it should not be taken with certain meds, as it will amplify the med. So always check with your Dr before using ginger on a daily basis.

But certainly eat lots of berries!
    -

Last edited by easygoingguy; 06-07-2012 at 09:33 PM.

Closed Thread