It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

• Am I dying from a brain tumor? Really freaked out, please respond quicklya

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-19-2012, 05:32 PM   #16
    Flyingitalian13
    (male)

Flyingitalian13 HB User
    Re: Am I dying from a brain tumor? Really freaked out, please respond quicklya

So I was starting to feel better and than the new stuff started. First it was shortness of breath, than the glands on the floor of my mouth swelled up a little bit and my jaw hurts when I yawn than swallow. Than the headaches are starting again. I got off of wheat for awhile and that seemed to alleviate most of my symptoms. I'm off of gluten now, but today I had a terrible headache on both sides of my head right above my ears. Also last night I was laying in bed and I thought I smelled dog poop and today it smelled.likensomethig was burning. Could this all be related to my food sensitivity? That is my mothers theory, and she doesn't want me to get an MRI because she said something would have shown up on the head CT scan I had in the ER 2 and a half weeks ago. I just want all of this to stop, so I can know what's wrong, fix it, and get back to my life.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-19-2012, 05:40 PM   #17
    ashlee095
    (female)

ashlee095 HB User

Food sensitivity could cause it, yes. But you do not have a brain tumor. You don't have the classic signs of a brain tumor. I suffer from health anxiety and have thought I've had a brain tumor as well because my good friend passed away from one when she was younger. Brain tumor headaches are different from normal headaches as they tend to be soon awakening in the morning along with vomiting. The cat scan would have picked up a tumor. The mind is also very crazy as it can make you feel as if you have something when you really don't! Because you are making yourself believe that you do have it. Talk with your doctor or a neurologist about your headaches and do mention your previous scan was negative of any abnormalities. You could need headache medicine. I was terrified I had a brain tumor and my neurologist told me it was highly unlikely and he was right! I just suffer from 2 different types of headaches. Just keep eating healthy and avoid stress. I hope you get to feeling better.

Old 07-24-2012, 06:57 AM   #18
    tokinouta
    (female)

tokinouta HB Usertokinouta HB Usertokinouta HB User

Sounds like stress headaches and no wonder. Weird smells, headaches, vision issues. These can all be caused by chronic stress. Google symptoms of anxiety and you will be surprised at the symptoms you'll see.

These symptoms you have and more won't go away unless you can stop the cycle of worrying. I know it's hard but you are going to have to try and focus on something besides yourself for a period of time so that they go away. Do you have any hobbies? Try doing something you enjoy, or something that keeps you focused on the project and not yourself.
    I understand, I have had all of your symptoms from stress before. It's hard to switch your focus but you really need to try. Once you learn how to do this, you will reaffirm it's anxiety to yourself and that will help you learn to avoid obsessive thoughts. It takes awhile, try and be patient. So sorry you are in the thick of it. Anxiety sucks.

Old 07-25-2012, 01:33 AM   #19
    annie668
    (female)

annie668 HB User

not sure that either test would be effective if you had migraines or other typical headaches. I don't think it's a tumor - really does sound more like migraine.

Last edited by annie668; 07-25-2012 at 01:38 AM. Reason: not relevant

Old 07-25-2012, 01:35 AM   #20
    annie668
    (female)

annie668 HB User

phantom smells are fairly common with migraines, have you had yourself checked for those? All sorts of weird things happen with migraines and it's a misnomer that they occur only on one side of the head. Mine moved around my head and were accompanied with serious pounding. I couldn't talk when they were really bad. Migraines have all sorts of triggers, e.g., mine was lack of sleep but my sister can't eat chocolate among other things. Thank goodness, mine stopped in my early 20's

Last edited by annie668; 07-25-2012 at 01:41 AM. Reason: increased info

Old 07-25-2012, 07:14 AM   #21
    tokinouta
    (female)

tokinouta HB Usertokinouta HB Usertokinouta HB User

I'm sure with this much anxiety you do have stress headaches, migraines, it's part of the territory.
    Anniepuca is right, the smell issue with migraines happens to me as well. It's sensitivity.

Closed Thread

Tags
    anxiety, brain tumor