It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

• Cymbalta and remeron

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-17-2012, 08:47 AM   #1
    sagefrancis
    (male)

sagefrancis HB User
    Cymbalta and remeron

Hello Everyone. I have been dealing with severe anxiety and depression for as long as I can remember. My childhood wasn't the greatest.. I know people out there have much worse stories from their past, but for about 15 years I've been dealing with anxiety and what I believe to be associated depression. My father was an alcoholic, and my parents divorced when I was in middle school. By my senior year of high school he had died from alcohol related issues. The last year of his life was extremely difficult to watch. Despite the fact the courts granted my mother full custody of my brother and I, we still wanted to see our father. I loved him and always worried about him. Unfortunately he continued to drink after the divorce, and the day he died he looked about 70 years old. He was 46. With all this said being said I was constantantly in a state of anxiousness. It was overwhelming, to the point where it manifested itself into physical pain/tension in my stomach. My eating habits, sleep, and overall social life became terrible because of just how uncomfortable and stressed out I was.

Ive seen about 10-15 doctors in hopes of finding the right medication. I, along with the doctors, have been unsuccessful in finding a medication that helps me. I think I've tried 75% of the Anti-Depressants out there.

I am currently seeing a psychiatrist and he has prescribed me 60mg of Cymbalta and 15 mg of Remeron to take at night. It's been about 5 weeks and i really dont notice any benefits. The Remeron has helped with my sleeping issues however.

Has anyone tried or is currently on Cymbalta and/or Remeron? Any thoughts, suggesstions, or experiences would be greatly appreciated. I see commercials on TV for Cymbalta and it seems as if it is prescribed for chronic pain, which I do not have. Should I be on this medication or just the Remeron? I am tired of living this life, and would really like to make progress for once. Thank you very much for any insight.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread

Tags
    anxiety, cymbalta, depression, remeron