It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

• Health anxiety... Convinced i am dying

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-21-2012, 04:55 AM   #1
    Candacef83
    (female)

Candacef83 HB User
    Health anxiety... Convinced i am dying

I have suffered from health anxiety, fear of death and fear of doctors my entire life, but it has gotten to the point lately, that i have convinced myself that i am dying. Everyday it gets worse and worse. So many ppl in my family have died from cancer that i am convinced i am next. It is so bad that i have not slept at night for longer than 3 hours in months. I tend to do most od my sleeping during thw day, just incase something happens there will be someone around to help. i know that i need to see a doctor but i am TERRIFIED that they will tell me that all my anxieties were.right and that i am terminally ill. Not only that but i am afraid ro go alone, i dont have anyone who will understands what i am going through, so nobody in my life will be supportive enough to go with me... I feel like the end is near and i feel so alone. I am desperate to feel normal, i cant keep "living" like this, if you can even call this living, i cannot be the mother and wife i want/need to be. My children are suffering because their "mother" is too busy being crazy. everyday i have a new symptom that just "confirms" my thoughts of my immanent death.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-21-2012, 05:58 AM   #2
    Pratoman
    (male)

Pratoman HB UserPratoman HB User
    Re: Health anxiety... Convinced i am dying

Candace
    I went through a period many years ago, when i felt similar feelings to what you are describing.
    I am not a Doc or a psychologist, but one thing i can tel you for sure - there is nothing that anyone on these message boards can say, in response to your description of your issue, that will make you feel better, or resolve your situation.
    It sounds like this phobia you describe is quite severe, and if it is, i would STRONGLY URGE you to seek psychological counseling. If you go to see a psychologist, they do not diagnose physical ailments, so you dont have to worry about them telling you that you do have some serious illness. They will talk to you about your phobia, and more likely, get YOU to talk about it.

This is what i did, and it helped me tremendously. Please take this advice, if you find the right Psych, it will change your life

Old 10-21-2012, 07:22 AM   #3
    rouge
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

rouge HB User

I have this fear and have been in the same place. A low dose of anxiety meds helped me push those thoughts out of my head. See a Psychiatrist!

The following user gives a hug of support to rouge:
    PanicProne (10-26-2012)
    Old 10-23-2012, 06:09 AM   #4
    jeany123
    (female)

jeany123 HB Userjeany123 HB User

Hi i keep thinking im dying i cant stop at home now on my own incase i pass out and die its so horrible feeling like this dont like to hear about anybody dying because it makes me feel even worse these thoughts only started when i went on sertraline because it made my anxiety 100 times worse in the end after 3 weeks of hell i stop with it.

Closed Thread

Tags
    cancer, crazy, death & dying, fear of doctors, mother